The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

My memories from last night stopped to exist around 12:30 am. Up until then I had had 2 bottles of Russian Standard, few glasses of rum and coke, and few glasses of champagne This was the first time I ever got drunk to the point where I have no recollection of what happened after drinking. How I did not get a hangover today is completely incomprehensible.

I'm usually at that point. The drinking culture is Australia would be intensly stronger than that in Lebanon. My memories of New Year's Eve end around 8:00pm.

I'm going on a dry spell.

I'm usually at that point. The drinking culture is Australia would be intensly stronger than that in Lebanon. My memories of New Year's Eve end around 8:00pm.

I'm going on a dry spell.

That's what happens when there are so many 'Paddys' around. :P

Reading some of these comments and have to say I had a lot of drink and no hangover yesterday. Just because us Scots can actually handle as much drink as we want though ;)

We drink as much as we want, as much as we want, we are from Scotland we drink as much as we want :Goober:

new national anthem for when the country is 100% alcoholics (not long)

Reading some of these comments and have to say I had a lot of drink and no hangover yesterday. Just because us Scots can actually handle as much drink as we want though ;)

We drink as much as we want, as much as we want, we are from Scotland we drink as much as we want :Goober:

new national anthem for when the country is 100% alcoholics (not long)

Hangovers in my case rely on a few factors.

What you drank.

What you ate before drinking.

What you ate whilst drinking

How much water you drank before drinking.

How much water you drank whilst drinling.

Whatever other drugs you've taken that day.

For New Years, I had not eaten all day and I hadn't drank much water. Also on about my third beer I took two codeine-ibuprofen pills for a headache.

That was a recipe for disaster.

Hangovers in my case rely on a few factors.

What you drank.

What you ate before drinking.

What you ate whilst drinking

How much water you drank before drinking.

How much water you drank whilst drinling.

Whatever other drugs you've taken that day.

For New Years, I had not eaten all day and I hadn't drank much water. Also on about my third beer I took two codeine-ibuprofen pills for a headache.

That was a recipe for disaster.

Thats one hell of a New Year then.

I am surprised I didn't throw up at least once, I mean we had a whole lot of cider, shots, beer that night along with a massive chinese take away and I'd ate a whole load of bullshit earlier that day (crisps, biscuits, toast, bacon, sausage, sweets).

Also I hate my friend, he dropped my corona that I'd been sold in a bar (somehow)... fucking bastard thats the last thing I remember about 2012, watching that bottle smash :cry::Goober:

That's what happens when there are so many 'Paddys' around. :P

Maybe. I attribute it to the 6 o'clock swill. For almost half of the 20th century pubs shut at 6 o'clock in the afternoon, so everyone would binge drink for about an hour before closing time. This created a binge drinking culture in Australia. In Ireland you'll sit at the pub all day and drink about 20 pints, in Australia you'll got the pub for about 4 hours and manage about the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_o%27clock_swill

No sleep for me, getting used to it though. You've got work though I've not so the jokes on you ;)

You don't have to tell me you've not got work today Scotsman! You never have work. You Scots just sit around nude in your skirts all day eating haggis and drinking whiskey. You lucky man!!

You don't have to tell me you've not got work today Scotsman! You never have work. You Scots just sit around nude in your skirts all day eating haggis and drinking whiskey. You lucky man!!

I do work, all Scots work, as actors who play ugly alcoholics who never wash for 3 months so they can appear on Holby City as a homeless guy who's drank so much whiskey hes pishing rice crispies out of his nostrils.

Basically we'll all work as alcoholics until the world has run out of resources needed to make whiskey.. god may I pray that day never comes

We Hate Scouse see your signature. Is the "You can come, Jake. But as a friend." thing Spike was on about that girl who he was flirting with for a while, you mean, mean muthafucka.

Anyway why didn't we get Cap back for Xmas :cry::cry::cry::Goober:

Yes, yes it is! :D

Serves him right for punching above his weight.

De Gea needs a nice Spaniard not Hitler youth.

Caps memory lives on. Gone but never forgotton. His story will one day become a myth of the web. The legend of el caprio

Need some advice guys. I want to buy a book for a friend. She's 15 and like my little sister but she's not a fan of reading, not that she ever tried it, but instead watches Arabic dramas all day which are as damaging to watches IQs as European and American reality shows. So I want to get her a book that would get her to like reading. I thought about Dickens, who is the reason I love reading so much, but her English is good, but not excellent. Any suggestions guys?

Need some advice guys. I want to buy a book for a friend. She's 15 and like my little sister but she's not a fan of reading, not that she ever tried it, but instead watches Arabic dramas all day which are as damaging to watches IQs as European and American reality shows. So I want to get her a book that would get her to like reading. I thought about Dickens, who is the reason I love reading so much, but her English is good, but not excellent. Any suggestions guys?

Hmm. I think it depends on what genre she would like. Fiction? Fantastical or realistic fiction, crime and so on. Also, could you not buy a book translated into Arabic?

Babysiitters club

Nah I actually don't know, just my sis use to read them. That's a hard person to buy a book for. You either love reading or you don't. Maybe buy her a good, well written tv series that not just full of bullshit. 'The Wire' or 'Breaking Bad' are examples but don't have to be those tv shows.