The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

This forum has gone absolutely downhill after the Villa game!

Stupid discussions, horrible overreactions, name calling (both to other members and to players/directors), low level of argumentation, etc, etc, etc...

It's always been like that, lol.

Delighted; just been voted as the president of the African-Caribbean society at my university. Great times ahead.

That's awesome! Congratulations. :yay:

Where's your family from? My mom's from Trinidad and Tobago and I have a position on the board for the Caribbean society at my university myself.

That's awesome! Congratulations. :yay:

Where's your family from? My mom's from Trinidad and Tobago and I have a position on the board for the Caribbean society at my university myself.

That's sweet! Originally from Ghana pal. What does your position entail?

Hey, just popped in to say hi as I am buried under boxes at the house...I am wondering why we bother to keep the crap we did...trust me some of it is absolute crap and three years on is more so!

Hey Kerry. Finally moved in to a new house?

Yes, on Sunday. Our stuff arrived from storage on Monday but it will be 6 weeks until the sea shipment from China arrives. Lots of un packing and organizing to do

Sounds like a lot of hard work, but you must be happy to be back in the US?

Sounds like a lot of hard work, but you must be happy to be back in the US?

yes and no, Shanghai had begun to feel like home and the expat life has many perks that will go away now. We won't be able to travel as much now that we are back in the US. The schools aren't as flexible with taking kids out of school and the kids will be more active in sports which means they will need to be here for practices and games. Plus Memphis is horribly expensive to fly in and out of! I tried to fly to Detroit for spring break and the tickets were $567 per person for a two hour flight! That is beyond crazy to me. I am glad to be in my own house which has land with it (almost 3 acres) and to have my dog back :D In 52 hours my husband and daughter arrive from Shanghai! I am extremely happy about that! I don't think I have ever been away from her for that long! I have from Doug but it doesn't make it easier!

How are things for you?

yes and no, Shanghai had begun to feel like home and the expat life has many perks that will go away now. We won't be able to travel as much now that we are back in the US. The schools aren't as flexible with taking kids out of school and the kids will be more active in sports which means they will need to be here for practices and games. Plus Memphis is horribly expensive to fly in and out of! I tried to fly to Detroit for spring break and the tickets were $567 per person for a two hour flight! That is beyond crazy to me. I am glad to be in my own house which has land with it (almost 3 acres) and to have my dog back :D In 52 hours my husband and daughter arrive from Shanghai! I am extremely happy about that! I don't think I have ever been away from her for that long! I have from Doug but it doesn't make it easier!

How are things for you?

This was a surprise ,, hope you and family are well