The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Dirty minds thin alike! Yes, that was it!! I remember breaking my jaw into due to too much laughing!! Stingray challeneged Hutcho to out up a DP and the fire was lit. Me and Barabra were the first ones to burn in it! Then people joined in! Even our mod(now admin) Choulo couldn't save himself on that fateful day!

Hahaha oh goodness. I'm going to take it that the dp's were innocent, friendly and lovey pictures then?!

Hahaha, I have no idea who that could possibly be!! Please continue on that crazy day - change your profile pictures or go gif insane?!

Also looking at Sting's last few posts, we don't need a day to gif crazy!! We(mostly him) do it every other day!!

one things doesn't make the other not valid though.

There are all kinds of cruelty in the world - not only modern world but since like... forever.

I really dislike the argument that just because it's an animal, a dog and not a starving baby in Africa or a war victim we should overlook 'minor' cruelties. Actually I believe that's how things escalated. By people thinking whatever isn't as cruel or bad as this other thing and they just kept going and by having someone else doing something much worse, they think it's okay to do the 'less bad'. To use the same expression, bitch please...

I don't need - or want - to live in Syria or do I need to watch children starving to death to know what cruelty or violence is.

I just saw on my cousin's house - something I wouldn't have seen on mine as I don't watch television - that a woman took a pregnant woman to a public hospital, got her baby delivered and then somehow she got the woman and the baby out of the hospital, killed the mother (strangled) and took the baby away. A couple of years ago a woman married to a business guy suspected he cheated on her (or something) and killed him, literally ripped him in small pieces and got rid of the pieces by filling suitcases. Or how last week some rich boys set a homeless guy that was sleeping on the street on fire! That happened here in Brazil, so I don't need to go to Africa, Asia, Middle East to know what cruelty and violence is, neither does it have to be directed to humans alone. So yeah, I totally get his point and I can be shocked by that without having someone lecturing me that I don't know what cruelty or violence is.

Basically what Tom said. Ethics are there and are part of human psychology. Admitting that humans have the capability to do much worse than throwing a dog off a roof will never make throwing the dog a moral act. Ethics don't change that easily. And yes, the act of eating another human's heart is much much worse than killing a dog because the human capacity for compassion for another human is a lot larger than for an animal.

Humans did not start off as angels and then kept getting more immoral as time went by. In fact morals are evolving and so are human and animal rights and general awareness. Right now is the most moral the world has ever been, which is why someone can even get shocked by someone killing a dog for fun.

And we weren't laughing at him, my point was that it is a very important life lesson to know that there are much worse things out there. You have to understand what humans are capable of or your life will be very difficult.

Basically what Tom said. Ethics are there and are part of human psychology. Admitting that humans have the capability to do much worse than throwing a dog off a roof will never make throwing the dog a moral act. Ethics don't change that easily. And yes, the act of eating another human's heart is much much worse than killing a dog because the human capacity for compassion for another human is a lot larger than for an animal.

Humans did not start off as angels and then kept getting more immoral as time went by. In fact morals are evolving and so are human and animal rights and general awareness. Right now is the most moral the world has ever been, which is why someone can even get shocked by someone killing a dog for fun.

And we weren't laughing at him, my point was that it is a very important life lesson to know that there are much worse things out there. You have to understand what humans are capable of or your life will be very difficult.

love, I misunderstood Khodur, I thought you guys were reprimanding the boy for feeling like shit about a dog being killed like that.

Of course killing human (no matter how) >>>> killing a dog. My point was that one thing doesn't make the other invalid. So both things can be considered cruel and they both can make us feel bad - although is obvious they make us feel bad in different levels - as it should. And no one should be subjected to extreme violence to learn how terrible it gets. Everyone should be spared if you ask me. I was defending the guy's right to feel bad about a dog, only that...

btw: I just answered the OV PM

Oh and also our very own miss @Barbara did something else as well, something on the insistence of boys here! Ahem. . ahem!

:Goober:

you mean posting pics on bikini and lingerie? That was my pleasure!!!! I had a great time doing so ;)

Oh really now?! Well I won't be posting my bikini photos on here!! :P

Well, technically they were bikini photos but the reality(sadly) was not the same as you would expect in a bikini picture!!

well, it's clear all this pub needed to be saved was @whatthemata's presence. The place is already different with her here! You were severely missed, darling.

Now I'm going to the mouth surgery - that although not major, it's still a pain - not in the arse, thankfully. Wish me luck