Ramires

DavidEU

.....................Matic..................

..Ramires.....................Fabregas

This could be Jose's plan against the bigger sides.

No chance he is letting him go.

not bad, but I honestly think Matic's best position is a deep-lying CM, not DM. He's too good to sit so deep and we need to regain possession higher up the pitch - Matic can help with that too.

But that's a technicality: just put them in the same line and I get your point. :)

not bad, but I honestly think Matic's best position is a deep-lying CM, not DM. He's too good to sit so deep and we need to regain possession higher up the pitch - Matic can help with that too.

But that's a technicality: just put them in the same line and I get your point. :)

If we put them in the same line, then who is gonna play the defensive role? With Ramires, he won't be limited to defensive duties alone. Also Matic could be the one to initiate our attacks. He may not get as much assists as we've seen, but this season is much better than the pivot,if you want to include Fabregas.

If we put them in the same line, then who is gonna play the defensive role? With Ramires, he won't be limited to defensive duties alone. Also Matic could be the one to initiate our attacks. He may not get as much assists as we've seen, but this season is much better than the pivot,if you want to include Fabregas.

I did not say Matic was not going to play a defensive role, just that he doesn't need to sit deep like Mikel. Who sits deep for City? Or Madrid? I reckon Matic is too good a player to tell him to sit deep as a defense protector, and he should have the freedom to move about and fight for the football up the pitch.

Reckon playing a deep defense line already poses some challenges, so we need to have our midfield move up the pitch a bit, otherwise we will be sitting too deep. Or we will be too spread on the pitch, with players too far from each other, affecting pass completion and therefore possession.

Its strange his decline in form coincided with Jose's return but he is now almost untouchable

I don't think his decline coincided with Jose's return... I mean not entirely. I still believe the previous season was the odd season, not the norm. He somehow produced beyond his capabilities. Sometimes it happens with athletes in many sports.

But his first part of the season (2013) was actually a good one - a realistic one. I think that is the best Ramires can offer to us. He was consistent back then even if some of his chronic issues were still there (bad passing - but it wasn't at its worst; yellow card machine; lack of football brain).

That's the Ramires we could realistically hope to see imo. The Ramires of 2012 is a once in a lifetime thing imo.

I think we should keep him. I think a player like him as a squad member adds value to the team, after all, sometimes we may need stamina and athleticism. There are some matches that ask for that and as I said in my previous post in this thread, he does give his best every minute.

.....................Matic..................

..Ramires.....................Fabregas

This could be Jose's plan against the bigger sides.

No chance he is letting him go.

the triangle would be inverted imo - or at least it should. No more Ramires near the wing and adventuring himself in the attack.

I'd be completely crazy/ecstatic if Mourinho dropped his beloved 4-2-3-1 (something I don't think he will) and moved to the 4-3-3 instead.

Then I think this should be the midfield against 80% of our opponents - which are bottom and mid-table teams and small/medium force Europe teams

Matic

Oscar - Fabregas

But when we play stronger teams, or when we need to defend a result (in an away leg for example, after winning the home leg) we could invert the triangle and replace Oscar (or Fabregas, it'll depend on their form) for Ramires.

Matic - Ramires

Fabregas (Oscar)

I won't be an hypocrite and deny that Ramires helped us win those big matches we won, but his presence shouldn't come with the price of limiting our attack beyond it's already dreadful limitation. We weren't much creative and Ramires had a big part in that in the matches he played in the wing. I'd rather Matic to go forwarder than Ramires. He's a natural DM but even him has better vision and pass than Rami does.

the triangle would be inverted imo - or at least it should. No more Ramires near the wing and adventuring himself in the attack.

I'd be completely crazy/ecstatic if Mourinho dropped his beloved 4-2-3-1 (something I don't think he will) and moved to the 4-3-3 instead.

Then I think this should be the midfield against 80% of our opponents - which are bottom and mid-table teams and small/medium force Europe teams

Matic

Oscar - Fabregas

I think Mourinho should take note of City and Liverpool against the smaller sides and go with two strikers. Both City and Liverpool benefited massively because of the presence of two strikers.

Willian - Fabregas - Matic - Hazard

Costa - Lukaku

There's no need for three-man midfield against sides that just sit back and give you all the opportunity to play until you reach the final third. Centre-backs aren't used to 1v1 situations because they usually face a lone striker so most really struggle when they are in such a situation. And luckily, both Costa and Lukaku aren't lost if they find themself in wide/wider positions.

I would absolutely love to see that but I doubt that will be the case.

The Spanish media claims Real Madrid is going to insist on Ramires because it believes the player will force his way out like Modric did.

Since this is the club that payed 100 million for Bale, what are the odds we could slap 35m out of them for Ramires?

The Spanish media claims Real Madrid is going to insist on Ramires because it believes the player will force his way out like Modric did.

Since this is the club that payed 100 million for Bale, what are the odds we could slap 35m out of them for Ramires?

If Luiz went for 48m, there's definitely hope for Ramires to go for around 35 million if Real Madrid really are in for him.

Still undecided on whether I'd want him to stay or go. First I would need to know what kind of football Mourinho is planning for next season and what box-to-box midfielder replacements there would be available in the market. Not many better than Ramires, I would suppose, because then Real Madrid would be after them and not Rambo...

He's actually a pretty good player when properly utilised so if Jose still sees him as a key player and will alter his tactics to get the best out of him, I really wouldn't mind him staying but if the idea is to play him in a similar role to what he played last season I wouldn't say no to anything over 25m.

Imagine getting £35-40 million for Ramires... :lol: If Real want him that bad they'll splash the cash.

I think our board may have learnt a lot from the likes of Porto and A.Madird, when they sell they make sure to get huge profits.

Lol Ramires for ≥£25

Rakitic £15m

Do you guys think that Ramires actually became less-good (worse) or is it just the fact that now we have a different set of players who are more gifted + our system is starting to change ?

Willian can do everything Ramires could better and even more.

Willian can do everything Ramires could better and even more.

Well yea but it wasn't really what I was asking.

Do you think that Ramires became less of a player or do we just have better players now and that's why he's had a pretty bad season ?

Who do you replace him with if you do decide to sell? I can understand relegating him to a squad role but he's versatile and has some key attributes that can benefit any team. Unless you can get a better replacement with similar attributes, we shouldn't sell.