Ramires

DavidEU

funnily enough, the first three months he played on the right wing (under di Matteo in 2012), he could do nothing wrong. good performances almost every time - Napoli, Benfica (away) Barca (home and away), Tottenham (FA Cup) Liverpool in final. He scored or assisted in all of those games except Benfica one, but even then he was involved in the build up to the goal

that was as a defensive winger looking to break forward. suited him really

At Benfica, he thrived playing as some sort of a half right winger/half centre midfielder, in a 4-1-2-1-2 formation. He played in a similar for Brazil before, under Dunga I think.

Di Maria played in a similar role on the opposite side. A role he also plays for Argentina since Sabella took over and now he plays in that role under Ancelotti. He's playing his best football and it's not a coincidence. Of course with a completely different style of play.

What I'm trying to say is that he's not playing in his natural/best role. He not been able to adapt his game to suit playing in the middle. not the required level that is. He was the runner, enjoying the freedom to get up and down, hassling opposition player and stretching defences. And when he got forward, he was a goal threat because he's a suprisingly good finisher when given little time to think. But the key was not to get him to too involved build-up play, use him as a decoy. Because of his technical limitations. A classic case of a footballer who is at his best without the ball.

He simply doesn't suit the current system. He makes a good squad player as a centre midfielder though imo.

Cut out the brain farts occasionally and he is a very good CM, ok maybe not very but good and better than most in BPL. I think he will be the new Mikel soon too and that is not a good thing but he will probably be here for a very long time so hate him all you want he is not going anywhere.

Cut out the brain farts occasionally and he is a very good CM, ok maybe not very but good and better than most in BPL. I think he will be the new Mikel soon too and that is not a good thing but he will probably be here for a very long time so hate him all you want he is not going anywhere.

Brainfarts I would say are swinging a leg at things, this guy cannot pass for shit, that is more worrying than a brain fart.

Brainfarts I would say are swinging a leg at things, this guy cannot pass for shit, that is more worrying than a brain fart.

True but tbf it was never really in his game. He is more of a runner, tackler(a pretty crap one I must admit) and as a box to box. I think he is a very useful squad player to have, he is a lot more mobile than Mikel too. Once he knows how to control his action he will be a good player for us again(by controlling I mean not stamping on players or start punching others)

True but tbf it was never really in his game. He is more of a runner, tackler(a pretty crap one I must admit) and as a box to box. I think he is a very useful squad player to have, he is a lot more mobile than Mikel too. Once he knows how to control his action he will be a good player for us again(by controlling I mean not stamping on players or start punching others)

His discipline is something that has become very poor. Asking him to make basic passes should be the minimum of a midfielder in his position, yet he struggles with that.

This will go down well...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10806112/Chelsea-manager-looking-for-a-new-team-of-untouchables-to-match-Stamford-Bridges-class-of-2006.html

“If next season we have a No 9 who we decide is first-choice, plus the stability that Matic and Ramires can give, hopefully we will have more stability.”

*sigh*

That dashes any hope I had of us buying a new midfielder. I just don't see how it would be possible for every fan here to see that we are and have been in desperate need of a specific type of midfielder but the board don't. They can't possibly think that Ramires is good enough, surely?

José keeps saying that we'll be making a "couple of clinical" signings. Striker is obviously the main one but a CM is just as important. Ramires holds us back more than he helps us these days.

I just don't see how it would be possible for every fan here to see that we are and have been in desperate need of a specific type of midfielder but the board don't. They can't possibly think that Ramires is good enough, surely?

It's not necessarily the board who think he's good enough: it's Jose. After his performances this season most managers would have given up on him. But you have to remember that Mourinho wanted to buy Ramires at both Inter and Real; and not once has he publicly criticised (and Jose is hardly averse to doing so) or dropped Ramires this season in spite of his many ridiculous displays of petulance and incompetence... Instead he is constantly defended and made an untouchable — if that's not a manager-player obsession then I don't know what is.

*sigh*

That dashes any hope I had of us buying a new midfielder. I just don't see how it would be possible for every fan here to see that we are and have been in desperate need of a specific type of midfielder but the board don't. They can't possibly think that Ramires is good enough, surely?

José keeps saying that we'll be making a "couple of clinical" signings. Striker is obviously the main one but a CM is just as important. Ramires holds us back more than he helps us these days.

Idd. If we want to start playing more attacking football we really should get another CM who can pass the ball. Or try a youth player, Ramires is only good for some games.

Oh, God.................................................................................................

Wanted to read the forum once more before going to bed.

My sleep went awol after reading this.

Ramires. Stability. Fuck!!! alskmdLKASM :SDAKLDMAS:DLKmASlkamladsdalskasmS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!asdlkm!@#!@@!@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, God.................................................................................................

Wanted to read the forum once more before going to bed.

My sleep went awol after reading this.

Ramires. Stability. Fuck!!! alskmdLKASM :SDAKLDMAS:DLKmASlkamladsdalskasmS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!asdlkm!@#!@@!@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you still alive?

Guessing the head smashes to the keyboard must have at least knocked you out.

Ramires, I'll give it another year to judge tbh. Like some said, a good squad player option for certain games, but an all-in starter like Matic, and i doubt Jose isn't going to buy a CM or at least thinking of implementing someone like Josh or Chalobah in.

The sad part is that he was actualy our best CM before Matic came, and a very good one too. Always involved in game; was one of our leaders, stepped up when needed.

As soon as Matic came, he massively decreased. I remember he was one of best players along Mata and Luiz last year, and one of better this season before turn of the year. Now, he is reaching Mikel level of usefullness sadly.

Cant believe that so many of players we buy cant fill the potential/form and improve. Ramires, Luiz in first place, all strikers we aquire, then Schurrle, Willian, Oscar,...last three still have time thought.

But I realy expected more from Ramires and Luiz when they came. Never realy understood Ramires buy, as he is jack of all trades, but master of none, someone who can only be sub player in world class team But Luiz, I realy hoped he could somehow step into shoes of Carvalho. Well, maybe he will one day if we dont sell him first...

People are so unforgiving these days...he hasn't played enough games in a row in the second half of the season with all the suspensions,...he went from nailed-on starter in CM to an outcast within 2 months.

Well I never liked him, even when he played good he would still annoy me with his shit passing.

The sad part is that he was actualy our best CM before Matic came, and a very good one too. Always involved in game; was one of our leaders, stepped up when needed.

As soon as Matic came, he massively decreased. I remember he was one of best players along Mata and Luiz last year, and one of better this season before turn of the year. Now, he is reaching Mikel level of usefullness sadly.

Cant believe that so many of players we buy cant fill the potential/form and improve. Ramires, Luiz in first place, all strikers we aquire, then Schurrle, Willian, Oscar,...last three still have time thought.

But I realy expected more from Ramires and Luiz when they came. Never realy understood Ramires buy, as he is jack of all trades, but master of none, someone who can only be sub player in world class team But Luiz, I realy hoped he could somehow step into shoes of Carvalho. Well, maybe he will one day if we dont sell him first...

this why i critise mourinho, he fail to improve and fill the potential with so many players except terry, cahil and hazard, so many our youngster just learn about hardwork and tracking back. He even not improve our collective play and maybe really decreased it. I fear this because his very conservative tactic.

And yes,because you mentioned it, i remember again ramires before 2014, arguably our best CM (maybe i forgot because ramires just turn into frustasting player for the rest of 2nd half of the season :D)

But this is bother me too, with the arriving of Matic, what happen with him (beside injury) or this because different role and then he become struggle?

I mean why when he got better player or i say great DM beside him, thats not making ramires improve or performing even better but actually playing worse ? ?

• 2 weeks later...