Is this the season Kalou has to prove his worth?

We know all about Kalou's inconsistency. Brilliant in flashes, rubbish other times - he's the one real enigma in our squad today (now that the equally enigmatic Joey has left). With the Drog and Nico edging closer and closer to retirement, has the time come for Kalou to step up and show us he's worth it? As far as I can remember, he's one of the least injury-prone guys on our roster. Thus injury and subsequent recovery have not been a factor in his development. Which makes me wonder why after being at one of Europe's top clubs for 4 seasons now, is he still not able to make the starting eleven week in week out. Have our managers not been placing too much faith in his abilities, or is it just that they have failed to see the qualities that he brings to CFC? Because let's be honest, after being here for 4 years, it would be normal to assume that he would have pushed one of the two ageing strikers to the bench. What do you guys think?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will probably still be used as an impact sub...

Agreed. Our main forward starters will always be, Drogba, Anelka and Malouda. Kalou did show last season he has the potential to be a great, but he needs to be more consistent when he's given his chances. He will have to compete with the likes of Sturridge (and his great dancing!) and Borini next season for the sub role.

Hopefully he'll improve this season, foremost he can start with looking up instead down on the ball. How fun would it be if he became really really great? All the Kalou hater would get so owned, it's a dream though. whistling.gif

Hopefully he'll improve this season, foremost he can start with looking up instead down on the ball. How fun would it be if he became really really great? All the Kalou hater would get so owned, it's a dream though. whistling.gif

I don't know if you're referring to me with that 'Kalou hater' remark, but let me inform you anyway. I am no 'Kalou hater', because I don't know how anyone who 'hates' a Chelsea player can be a Chelsea fan. All I want is for Kalou to finally start converting his obvious potential into performances.

I don't know if you're referring to me with that 'Kalou hater' remark, but let me inform you anyway. I am no 'Kalou hater', because I don't know how anyone who 'hates' a Chelsea player can be a Chelsea fan. All I want is for Kalou to finally start converting his obvious potential into performances.

I was not referring to you, it was more towards the people on the official chat site ;) But I can say that I never thought I'd see a Kalou hat trick my self so I'm pleased! eyebrows.gif

We know all about Kalou's inconsistency. Brilliant in flashes, rubbish other times - he's the one real enigma in our squad today (now that the equally enigmatic Joey has left). With the Drog and Nico edging closer and closer to retirement, has the time come for Kalou to step up and show us he's worth it? As far as I can remember, he's one of the least injury-prone guys on our roster. Thus injury and subsequent recovery have not been a factor in his development. Which makes me wonder why after being at one of Europe's top clubs for 4 seasons now, is he still not able to make the starting eleven week in week out. Have our managers not been placing too much faith in his abilities, or is it just that they have failed to see the qualities that he brings to CFC? Because let's be honest, after being here for 4 years, it would be normal to assume that he would have pushed one of the two ageing strikers to the bench. What do you guys think?

would you care to name just which strikers would force the "ageing" drogma to the bench ,,,??? .. Nik has great experience and versatility how

many could force him out... kalou is a more than useful stand in ..despite what some here would say

Kalou has a great work ethic and as long as Carlo puts faith in him, he can start playing with more confidence and stop being a tool at times.This was his best season by far and I hope he can continue to produce on the pitch.

Kalou put a nice run of form together last season, and showed he really is quite a handy player to have. But as has been said, the inconsistency has to come to an end and he needs to get to that reliable player level.