Miroslav Stoch moves to Fenerbahçe

That's not what I'm saying. :rolleyes:

I'm saying the club would not have sold a useful asset without being confident of signing someone else.

Unless of course they felt they would not convince him to sign a new contract and decided to cash in now rather than lose him on a free in a years time. I don't think any signings are in the pipeline at the moment....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in view of this and the situation with Cork ,Bertrand and Mancienne I think our loan out policy needs careful review..The solution could be to provide more reserve team fixtures

The reserve league is under review for next season. I think that there will be a full league next season rather than it being split which will be much better for player development. I think the main problem will be these players getting ahead of the ones who HAVE worked with Ancelotti and him having not seen them work with him.

Something needs to be done, ultimately I see it as Stoch making the decision, more or less guaranteed first team football for next season which is what he wanted so good for him if he wants to make decisions like that :)

So we're not getting 3m or 7m, but 5,5m€ in two performance unrelated instalments for Stoch

Fener site

Rumours are that Stoch is getting £40k a week in Turkey. No wonder he was off, great money for him.

Well I can definitely understand both the club and Stoch now.Still a bad sign for our youth.

Quite disappointed about this, he showed signs of real promise on loan and I was hoping he would come back and get more chances in the team, especially with Carlo saying he was going to be using more youth players next season.

But I suppose if he wants to be playing every week, he had to go, as he wasn't going to get that here.

Just hope we can keep ahold of the rest of our promising players, eg:

Bruma, McEachron, Clifford, Matic, Van Aarnholt, etc...

And give them the Carling Cup at the very least to show what they can do at this level.

Not bad to have picked up €5.5m for him, this is the sort of money we want to be making for the players we move on, the academy pays for itself and then adds to keep building it up. Still would have been better to make him into a class first team player for us. Think it is a wrong step for Stoch but i am sure he will go on to be a very decent player.

• 4 weeks later...

Now here's something interesting

Ex-Chelsea winger Miroslav Stoch claims he turned down Manchester City and Real Madrid to sign for Fenerbahce

Slovakian international was in big demand...

Ex-Chelsea winger Miroslav Stoch has claimed he turned down Manchester City and Real Madrid to sign for Fenerbahce.

Stoch, 20, joined the Istanbul giants last month for £2.5 million on a four-year contract. After impressing on loan at Steve McClaren's Eredivisie-winning FC Twente, a number of sides had been in the chase for the Slovakia World Cup 2010 winger.

Speaking to reporters, he stated he had spurned the advances of some of Europe's most famous teams to make the move to Fenerbahce.

"Among them were Juventus, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax and Sevilla," Stoch said.

"I considered everything, from all angles, but Fenerbahce were the best choice."

Source: Goal.com

Honestly,I don't believe a word of it but this would be very interesting if it was true.

Edited by Kostas