Kevin Doyle

chrismada9

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin Doyle admits he wants to leave Reading if one the Premier League's top four clubs show an interest in signing him.

The striker has been linked with a move to Chelsea as manager Avram Grant attempts to add further firepower to his squad following the £15million signing of Nicolas Anelka.

Reading manager Steve Coppell has stated that he will not allow any of his players to leave the Madejski in the transfer window.

However, Doyle has called on the Royals boss to allow him to leave if a top club comes calling so that he can further his career.

Speculation

"It's just speculation with me and Chelsea at the moment but it's good for the ego," Doyle told the Daily Star.

"If one of the top four want to sign me I would want to go for it.

"When I left Cork City to come to Reading people said I would never play but if you listen to comments like that you never progress.

"You don't just want to sit there on the bench but you have to give it a go and then a year down the line you may go back.

"But you have to take the opportunity if it comes, otherwise you will never know how far you can go."

From SSN

Edited by BlueLion

if or when Drogba goes, we'll have room for another striker, a striker that won't mind being on the bench from time to time (maybe the whole season with their mate sidwell :lol:). Kitson, or Doyle would be good squad players. You can't have 3 or 4 world class strikers, its impossible to keep them happy. We are ruining sidwells career tho so maybe they wouldnt wanna come but i still reckon they would come for the experience.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You