Remembering Robben

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ, what dont Ballsack and Robben have in common? :D

Apparently everything is all good now, but Ribery is no different in my opinion

Who does this to his captain? What a cunt. I would like to see him try that with Terry or Puyol. Although I can hear the narrator saying "kapitän mark van bommel", I suppose Lahm wasn't captain back then.

Indeed, Lahm does lack physique :(

Ballsacks days in the NT are over and he has to accept that.

Ballack basically had a failed career imo.

I would not say he had a "failed" career, afterall even if he has lost finals. a failed career could be like giovani dos santos's so far but maybe not as extreme or maybe not even a failure at all, but yeah i remember dos santos being touted as the next "Ronaldinho". liked to manchester united moves and such and now he's sunken into the abyss. Ballacks been brillant in his club career, and hell even getting a team to the finals cannot be considered much of a failure also.

But 1 FA cup maybe i think a german title or two a Premier League. Playing for Bayern Munich and Chelsea F.C, i'd not really call that much of a failure. minding MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of people. and many many thousand youth players have come to these clubs and probably "failed" in the youth or sorts. So in a way i'll call ballacks career a success.

Hell Pavel Nedved has NEVER played in a champions league final (unfortunately) i am sure, not sure if he appeared in a Euro final. But he is still considered one of the games best ever players. i could be wrong though.

Another big example pretty much. of his club not being champions league winners (though i dunno if he had a WC 2002 win with brazil) Juninho (dude who used to play for lyon). but people could still say those players careers were pretty successful.

shit post is shit.

I think you all misunderstood me, what I meant by failed career is the way he captained Germany twice into a final, and into the final with leverkusen.

Overall as a player, Ballack was amazing, but as most Bayern fans, I will always hold a grudge against him.

I was going to carry on a discussion about what is failure but noticed your age, You werent born when Ballack

started his career, Just how much have you seen of him.

Well he is on the "Youth Team"

I think you all misunderstood me, what I meant by failed career is the way he captained Germany twice into a final, and into the final with leverkusen.

Overall as a player, Ballack was amazing, but as most Bayern fans, I will always hold a grudge against him.

I think you meant he underachieved. His career was not a failure in any way and he gave a lot to German football.

I think you meant he underachieved. His career was not a failure in any way and he gave a lot to German football.

Yep, I prefer 'underachieved' to 'failed'. He had no luck with the finals, it was not only up to him to win them. If Cech, Lampard, Terry or Drogba finish their careers without a major trophy (by major I mean everything above domestic titles), they will have underachieved too, but I wouldn't consider them failures.

Hell, Drogba hasn't even won the ACON with a strong team, bottling 2 finals in the process. We could call Didier our "jynxed one". Hopefully he'll change that in 2 weeks.

Yep, I prefer 'underachieved' to 'failed'. He had no luck with the finals, it was not only up to him to win them. If Cech, Lampard, Terry or Drogba finish their careers without a major trophy (by major I mean everything above domestic titles), they will have underachieved too, but I wouldn't consider them failures.

Hell, Drogba hasn't even won the ACON with a strong team, bottling 2 finals in the process. We could call Didier our "jynxed one".

He did have to play an immensely strong side in Egypt in the first losing final, though. I reckon we could have seen the first African WC semi finalist if Egypt had qualified for the Germany World Cup. So organised, they were pretty good in the 2009 Confederations Cup as well, from memory they beat Italy and gave Brazil a run for their money, but messed it all up by getting smashed by the Americans.