Grant: We Are Still In The Title Hunt

Steve

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lampards Bitch

I still find it hilarious how some of you think he is the brains behind the outfit. Clarke and Ten Cate are doing the job not him. He always looks fucking clueless

The reason we've done better this time around is because apart from Villa the opposition has been a doddle, and this time, thanks to Mourinho's signings, we've actually had adequate defensive cover.

Agree with the comments posted above about the difference between the Christmas cover defensively and with now. Grant has better options in that department (thanks ironically to Mourinho!) and he has also met far weaker opposition during this period. Essien is also in the midfield not spending his time getting acquainted with defensive duties. I'm sorry but Newcastle and Fulham are teams in a right mess and despite flickers of fight initially are frankly pretty woeful.

Villa was the only tough team Grant faced over Christmas and he drew. Even Blackburn proved toothless in front of goal and never looked like scoring after a while. Mourinho fell out with Roman last January over the fact he had no defensive cover and it's ironic that eventually being allowed to bring in Alex, TBH, Belletti gave Grant the platform he needed to boast about the 10 points from 12 he has got.

In fact Grant has faced a number of woeful sides in his tenure that last year were far far superior - the likes of Fulham, Wigan, Boro, Bolton and Newcastle are a shadow of what they were once were as they have imploded as the season has moved on. Throw in the likes of just promoted Sunderland, Derby etc into the run and no wonder he can boast such a great winning run that's 7 games right there!

Carling Cup easy run against Hull, Leicester and a reserve team Liverpool who didn't care, next up QPR. Mourinho had to beat Blackburn and Villa to name just two last year to get through. Ditto CL where we had Barca, this year Grant had Valencia a team already in crisis when we met them and are now a total mess.

When Grant has been ultimately tested against top opposition he has usually stalled.

He may yet prove me wrong and win us some silverware and if he does then I'll congratuate him but until then jury still out.

He's been made to look far better than he actually is I feel by having luck at key moments and facing generally poor opposition which Chelsea would beat normally any way. He has tinkered little with Mourinho's team and yet has the never to rabbit on about how much better we are playing under him than Mourinho after every match. The only goal fests we have had again are against poor teams or teams having an off day who don't know how to defend!

So excuse me whilst I don't immediately think Grant is the new specical one.

He's going to have to work harder than this to get my tick in the box for his continuing reign at Stamford Bridge lasting more than a season.

Edited by pluto

We all know that Clarke and Ten Cate have an influence on the team, but no one knows how much really, give the man some credit.

being a football manager is not about credit. its about getting the results.

Edited by joe_kura

Not sure he is worthy of any credit for the results tbh.

As far as I can see, he is an all ears and shifty eyed MP3 player between the stereo speakers of Clarke and Ten Coats.

He pulled the wool over Abramovichs eyes, and the results, - win, lose or draw are despite him in my opinion. His input is negligible at best and highlty irrelevant to performance.

What he has done, is create a void, -a vacuum that should be filled witha competent experienced coach.

What he has done, is create a void, -a vacuum that should be filled witha competent experienced coach.

I know I really should try hard to like the guy, he is our manager after all but he leaves me dead cold and I can't muster not one ounce of goodwill towards the man.

He is a void and about as interesting as watching a kettle boil.

I'm sure he is a nice enough guy personally but just on face value and on the irritating way he continues to whitter on about our new style football and have digs about the previous manager - I just want him to disappear and wish he would leave it to Clarke and Ten Cate.

I know I really should try hard to like the guy, he is our manager after all but he leaves me dead cold and I can't muster not one ounce of goodwill towards the man.

He is a void and about as interesting as watching a kettle boil.

I'm sure he is a nice enough guy personally but just on face value and on the irritating way he continues to whitter on about our new style football and have digs about the previous manager - I just want him to disappear and wish he would leave it to Clarke and Ten Cate.

That may all well be the case, but we are doing very well at the moment especially considering all the injuries and we are most definately still in the title race....

That may all well be the case, but we are doing very well at the moment especially considering all the injuries and we are most definately still in the title race....

For now......watch this space. :lol:

I'm not getting carried away as I cannot genuinely see us winning the title.