Ramsey has broken his leg

Milan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't David Busst break his tibia and fibula aswell, he couldn't play football ever again, hopefully that is not the same thing for Ramsey

I remember David Busst's injury there was blood all over the pitch they spent about 12 minutes giving him treatment and clearing it up. It wasn't the break that ended his career it was the infections he suffered after.

Looks like Ramseys leg goes before Shawcross even touches him. unsure.gif

54_leg_682x450_995953a.jpg

I think that picture must have been taken a split second after his leg buckled.

And to Layla... You said you didn't realise it took 6 months to come back from that injury, Six moths is an unrealistic target in my opinion, i don't know where you saw that. You think back to all those type of injury's that have happened befroe, Eduardo, Cisse, Larsson. It take about 12 months to come back from that.

England coach Fabio Capello handed Stoke City defender Ryan Shawcross a call-up to the squad for Wednesday's friendly against Egypt despite his red card for a horror tackle on Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey. Shawcross was sent off after a lung on Ramsey which left the 19-year-old Wales midfielder with a serious leg injury during Stoke's 3-1 defeat against Arsenal at the Britannia Stadium.

However, after a last-minute discussion between Capello and assistant Franco Baldini, they decided to keep the 22-year-old stopper in their 24-man squad for the game in the absence of injured skipper Rio Ferdinand and Bolton defender Gary Cahill given the remorse he showed after the incident.

Premier League soccer blog

It's awful timing, but he does perhaps deserve a shot at the England squad. But should he have been dropped as punishment? It was a nasty tackle after all...

It's awful timing, but he does perhaps deserve a shot at the England squad. But should he have been dropped as punishment? It was a nasty tackle after all...

Not at all it was an unfortunate incident, Shawcross had no intent of hurting Ramsey and you could see his feelings about it the only thing he said on the pitch was "I've broken his leg"

No way he should be dropped over one incident, it was an utter accident and you could see that by his face straight after, it's not as if he intended to do anything bad to him. Anyway it looks to me like his leg buckled before Shawcross made any contact.

Shawcross didnt intend to foul Ramsey, let alone hurt him, he was going for a loose ball like any defender would do.

And as for the picture, that I think was taken a split second after Shawcross and Ramsey collided.

I can see him being back in light training by the time pre season comes around, and back on a pitch by Xmas.

David Busstt's break was horrific, its definately the worst I've ever seen.

http://busycowboy.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/david-busst.jpg

Holy shit!! Feel sorry for that guy!

David Busst is by far the worst i have ever seen though. Schmeichal had to be sick on the side of the pitch it was that bad.

Another really bad one was Jimmy Bullard's. Kept him out for 18 months if i remember right.

Edited by boshman

Yeah that was another freak accident with Scott Parker iirc.

Thinking about it there have been quite a few bad ones:

Cisse x2

Nillis (Aston Villa striker about 10 years ago)

Larsson (when at Celtic)

Di Matteo (vs St Gallen iirc in the old cup winners cup)

Le Saux (when at Blackburn)

Newton (95-96 season I think, collided with Kevin Hitchcock)

Alan Smith (Man Utd vs Liverpool)