Top signings of the Roman Era

the thread is titled 'top signings', not best players of the roman era.

if Kakuta was a milan, barca player everyone would be going crazy.

Yes top signings meaning who has played enough games to be called a top signing lol. We will be able to rate kakuta when he has played several premiership games. I think kakuta has brilliant natural ability, but to say he is one of the top roman signings already with 20 mins v wolves is laughable.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best prospect the club has ever had, Amazing signing.

He probably is but potential ability needs to be molded into a top player. He is a prospect like you have said which makes it crazy that you insert him into romans top signings. Carlton cole was the best young prospect centre forward at this club for years, but he never took it to the next level and he was sold.

What would people say about Belletti and Alex maybe in the top ten signings? I'm not sure how much Alex was but he couldn't have been that expensive and i'm sure Belletti was only 3.5 million. They have both been reliable and consistent when called upon in their time here. What do you peeps think?

He probably is but potential ability needs to be molded into a top player. He is a prospect like you have said which makes it crazy that you insert him into romans top signings. Carlton cole was the best young prospect centre forward at this club for years, but he never took it to the next level and he was sold.

Carlton Cole wasn't as good of a potential as Kakuta is. The club has gone up in the ranks alot since Carlton Cole was here. Kakuta is labelled the next Kaka, He ran rings around the Wolves defence, and played very well against Blackburn. Two games, Two amazing performances. We are saving ourselves 40-80 million with Kakuta, Because in a few years he is going to be the a world star. It was an amazing piece of business signing him.

For me it has to be J.Cole I see people saying 7 million for Cech is a bargain, which i agree with by the way but 6 million for Joe is a bigger bargain in my eyes!

Joe Cole of 2-3 season ago yes. If he gets back to that form he'll be a big player for us in the remaining few months of the season and also for England in South Africa.

Right now I think he's trying too hard to get involved in games. He was brilliant yesterday, so hopefully thats him turned the corner. When Joe Cole is on form theres few better.

Carlton Cole wasn't as good of a potential as Kakuta is. The club has gone up in the ranks alot since Carlton Cole was here. Kakuta is labelled the next Kaka, He ran rings around the Wolves defence, and played very well against Blackburn. Two games, Two amazing performances. We are saving ourselves 40-80 million with Kakuta, Because in a few years he is going to be the a world star. It was an amazing piece of business signing him.

Who touted him as the next kaka ? I agree he has fantastic potential but he needs to turn that into consistent production. I have seen lots of players in holland who at the age of 18 were fantastic young talents, touted as the next berkamp and next van basten but they never turned that potential into consistent play.

Anelka is one of the stand outs for me.

I find it hard to accept it was Avram Bloody Grant who signed him doh.gif

He's playing the best football of his career right now and alot of people have mentioned this. You can clearly see he's enjoying his football.

agree Anelka has been amazing ...seems to be getting better with every gameemo3.gif

the thread is titled 'top signings', not best players of the roman era.

if Kakuta was a milan, barca player everyone would be going crazy.

Hmmm...if this thread has started in September 2008. You'd be including Deco too in that. rolleyes.gif

Top signings are those that have been of real value to the club and have put in great performances. Kakuta hasnt even played more than 3 games.

Hmmm...if this thread has started in September 2008. You'd be including Deco too in that. rolleyes.gif

Top signings are those that have been of real value to the club and have put in great performances. Kakuta hasnt even played more than 3 games.

exactly

why would i be including deco, he was an old man when we signed him and i couldn't care less about his debut.

Kakuta is one of the top singing of the roman era (imo)

unless we make a truck load of rules for this thread then that remains the case.

why would i be including deco, he was an old man when we signed him and i couldn't care less about his debut.

unless we make a truck load of rules for this thread then that remains the case.

On what basis is he a top signing? just cus he has the potential that has been unproven at the highest level. 3 games isnt enough to put him in the bracket of top signings.

But fair enough if he is a top signing for you......

What? How? Why? What has he done? Might as well include Gokhan Tore, Borini, McEachran etc. cos they've done exactly the same as Kakuta...Nothing! He is living on hype at the moment and until he proves that hype I don't understand how we can class him a top signing.

I dont understand how can a player who has played 3 prem games be one of the top signings. Roman has been the owner of Chelsea football club for 7 years. He has made lots of signings who have been brilliant like crespo, who would not be in my top ten, let alone kakuta.