Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Taiwo makes move permanent

Reserve team midfielder Tom Taiwo has today (Wednesday) joined Carlisle United, signing a two-and-a half-year contract in an undisclosed deal. The 19-year-old, who came to Chelsea from Leeds in 2006, was already on loan with the League One side and had scored once in his 28 appearances.

He made seven reserve team appearances and played 43 youth games in his time at Chelsea, having recovered from a broken leg in his first pre-season. He was capped by England at Under 16 and Under 17 level.

Chelsea Football Club thanks Tom and wishes him all the best for his career

Source: Chelsea FC

strange when you think about the circumstances we did get him in.:rolleyes:

He had a strange time at Chelsea in my opinion. Basically skipped reserves altogether and then went out on loan..... Still i don't think he was going to make it with us and i am sure we got some money from him. The high profile nature of us signing him hasn't helped but this will happen a lot. More players will move on in the summer too.

He had a strange time at Chelsea in my opinion. Basically skipped reserves altogether and then went out on loan..... Still i don't think he was going to make it with us and i am sure we got some money from him. The high profile nature of us signing him hasn't helped but this will happen a lot. More players will move on in the summer too.

This is sad !

Edited by Badboy

Well...

How about another player with him from Leeds at the time?

Michael Woods?

Does he have any chance to challenge the first team?

In my opinion... Jack Cork got much more experience than Michael Woods...

The experience will make a great difference...

I think Jack Cork would be in our first team next year :rolleyes:

Edited by henrik lin

I think Jack is definitly one to watch but i also think woods can be outstanding, after his bad injurie, he quite never lookd back to his best, but i think he can manage that, if he does, he will be a great addition to te squad, cause he can play de Holding and the OM role really well, but like i said, if he can manage to come back from his injury,

this year he wasn't still like the old one, but he has improved a lot, after his comeback I thought he would never do it, but his fight back to his current form has quite impressed me, and i m sure in 2 years he can be a outstanding first team server...

I think Jack is definitly one to watch but i also think woods can be outstanding, after his bad injurie, he quite never lookd back to his best, but i think he can manage that, if he does, he will be a great addition to te squad, cause he can play de Holding and the OM role really well, but like i said, if he can manage to come back from his injury,

this year he wasn't still like the old one, but he has improved a lot, after his comeback I thought he would never do it, but his fight back to his current form has quite impressed me, and i m sure in 2 years he can be a outstanding first team server...

Too much work for Woods to do in my opinion. Too many players have overtaken him, he will struggle for games even at reserve level because we need to play players like Clifford, McEachran and Sala ect... Woods needs a loan move but he doesn't seems to be able to pick one up yet.

Too much work for Woods to do in my opinion. Too many players have overtaken him, he will struggle for games even at reserve level because we need to play players like Clifford, McEachran and Sala ect... Woods needs a loan move but he doesn't seems to be able to pick one up yet.

Lampard seems to think he is the best prospect at the club though.

@esk

but you have to admit that he can come back and be a great player for us... lets hope some one picks him as loanee, may be in the league one...

I am not so sure to be honest. He hasn't been the same player at all. He isn't as dynamic as he used to be and has little influence on the game. The problem is that it will be hard to get a club to pick him up in the current form he is in. Too many players have overtaken him in the pecking order and it may prove too big a hurdle for him now..

Shame, he seemed to have promise. The reality is for every youngster that makes it , hundreds even though on the brink, will not make the big time, such are the demands and expectations of the clubs performance by the board.

Absolutely, we cannot possibly bring through every youngster that is doing well in our academy. But we will get them in a club where they can start a decent career like we have done with Taiwo. We have a decent group of players on the brink, a bigger group than a lot possibly would have predicted, it is natural that a lot are going to have to move elsewhere.

Lampard seems to think he is the best prospect at the club though.

Yes Lampard does have a soft spot for him, but Woods suffered a major injury and is struggling to come back from that at a top level. And like i said with so many good youngsters impressing in the reserves he is going to struggle to make an impact now.