If we don't win PL/CL/FA Cup...

...this year should we sack Carlo Ancelotti or keep him?

We are now coming up to a point that some fans are now wanting Carlo's head, because even thought we played well against sides like Birmingham and Everton, it was not a win and some fans blame it all on the manager.

For me we should keep him, lets face it we should not raise expectations so high when we get a new manager, Sir Alex did not win anything in his first year at Man Utd. and Wenger did not win anything in his first year at Arsenal.

It seems with Roman, and some fans (including on this message board) want a manager sacked if we do not win anything, meaning stability is non-existent and some fans expect other teams like Birmingham to step a side and let us win (we don't have a god given right). The best example is that even though Avram Grant took us to the final of the Carling Cup, fought for the premiership to the last day and nearly won us the CL (if only Terry did not slip), because it was the fact we went without a trophy he was sacked, and was not allowed to build us up and win us something next season.

Even if we don't win anything (although we have technically, we have won the community shield) we should not sack Carlo, we know he is having a good relationship with the players and sacking him will break down morale, plus it just makes us more of a laughing stock.

Edited by sam81292

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We really shouldn't talk about this. We're only half way through the season. There's no point speculating about our manager when we're top of the league, through in the Champions league and have a good chance getting through to the FA Cup fourth round. It's not fair, just let him take us where he takes us.

I agree that it is too early still to speak of such a thing, but if i had to answer i would say no.

Carlo came in with a decent squad with his own style, he fielded the best team he could to make the team strong, but it isn't him who his playing on the pitch. He has put faith onto our youngsters, which we want managers to do. We have called for the debut of youngsters, and that's what he has done. The lack of consistency is the team's fault, the players should be 100% commited to playing the best they can and don't. I think maybe only Ivan and Terry are the best performers in our last couple of games.

But i will say one thing: if Carlo doesn't bring in no players during January, then he is and idiot. I think we need a re-shuffle with players also. Ballack, Deco and other players that are just here for the wage and aren't playing to full potential shall be leaving so youngsters like Kakuta, Bruma and Borini can have their chance. I am 100% sure that they would be more eager for success then those aging losers.

It took Ferguson 3 years to win something with United.

No, we should keep him.

but ferguson didn't come from a club in which he had only won the league once in 8 years. :rolleyes:

ancelotti was hired to win the CL with the old players, by the time the 30+'s have had a last shot at winning it, a new manager will come in to win the league.

but ferguson didn't come from a club in which he had only won the league once in 8 years. :rolleyes:

ancelotti was hired to win the CL with the old players, by the time the 30+'s have had a last shot at winning it, a new manager will come in to win the league.

Your getting your information from?

If Chelsea hired Ancelotti for that sole reason then that is a big risk to take, because with the champions league knockout stages anything can happen and its all about how you play in those two matches in one round, and then how well you can play against another team in the final, just look at Valencia, they were in the 2000 and 2001 CL finals and lost both of them, the second being from a penalty shoot out and have never won it before. Also luck can be a a huge factor on which teams progress, a prime example being Chelsea.

Sack the manager? No, we need stability. If we sack him now, we'll go through this transitional process with yet another coach. Ancelotti has proven with results so far that he can cut it. As soon as we go through a bad period, people look for someone to blame. It isn't Ancelotti who's at fault; if anyone is, its the players. The manager can only do so much for the team, if the players don't do their job then getting three points is going to be hard work.

OK December hasn't been our best month so far, but we are still top of the league, just, obviously we need a win today to maintain that. I think it would be a big mistake to get rid of Carlo after what he's achieved. You would have a very disheartened squad if that were to happen. I tend to agree that you can't blame the manager completely, the players must take some of the blame too after all it is them out on the pitch. I think January will be a testing time with players heading of to play in the ANC and will give a real chance for some of the youngsters to get out there and show what they can do.

Sack the manager? No, we need stability. If we sack him now, we'll go through this transitional process with yet another coach. Ancelotti has proven with results so far that he can cut it. As soon as we go through a bad period, people look for someone to blame. It isn't Ancelotti who's at fault; if anyone is, its the players. The manager can only do so much for the team, if the players don't do their job then getting three points is going to be hard work.

Agree!!!

What be the point in sacking him and get who Hiddick?What if we get him and results go crap sack him to?Whats the point we need stablity.And costing us to much,