Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Young Talent from Chelsea Academy.

The Academy at Cobham has come under the radar ever since Roman pumped in money. Alot has been said about Chelsea failing to produce Players who could break into first team. But, Year 2009 has shown some good players come through. Following are the players who I feel could play a big role in Chelsea Future.

Stoch: 20 Yr old. He is having a dream run at Twente. The Club are ahead of PSV and are leading the pack. He has scored 10 goals in 21 Games being a Winger. He is an attacking Midfielder as well as a Winger. Interesting to see where Ancelloti can play him. May be a Christmas Tree with Stoch and Kakuta behind a Lone Striker?

Kakuta: 18 Yr old. Best Talent Ive seen for that age is what Ancelloti said about him. Has shone whenever he has come on the picth. Ancelloti credited him as the Best Player on the picth against Apoel. This , inspite of there being players like Lampard, Joe Cole, Drogba, Ballack and the rest. Stunning Talent with a fantastic vision for a 18 yr old.

Bruma: 18yr old. Free Kick Specialits. He is so good he has always played above his age group. Talks of him being taken to the world Cup are rife in Holland.

Borini: 18Yr Old. Credited as the next Inzaghi by Ancelloti. Thats Big enough a compliment for any Italian Young Talent. Has shown glimpses of what he could do. He holds the ball well could have had two goals by now but needs to polish his finishing skills. Could be the future Striker for Chelsea.

Mancienne: 21 Yr Old Got called up to the England Squad even before playing in the League. Been compared to Benknbauer by Mick McCarthy in the past. Has look solid for Chelsea in the games he has played. But currently struggling for form at Wolves.

Hutchinson: 20 Yr Old Got called up by Jose to the senior squad at the age of 17. Had a big injury setback, but came back strong under Ancelloti with some solid performances. Looks like the next JT for Chelsea. Very Vocal at the back. Only problem is .....will injuryies hamper his progress?

Thats 3 Centre Backs, 1 Striker and 2 Attacking Midfielders who seem to be the real deal for Chelsea in future.

I think borini and kakuta have a fantastic chance to make a serious impact on the first team. Stoch is a maybe and mancienne and Hutchinson is a no. I really like fabio borini i think he is quality he works so hard and he is very clever too, one for the future. Kakuta is a menace to defenders he has it all going forward creative, dribbler pace, shooting ability, heading ability. Mellis is one i think will make it when lampard is slowing down, mellis times his runs like lampard and he can pass as well.

For me at the moment Borini, Kakuta and Bruma are looking like making it with our first team for sure. All 3 are top talents and will get plenty more games this season.

Hutchinson would be in that group too for me but i fear that injuries has ruined any chance of making it with us and possibly with anyone else too...

Stoch is exciting player and one i have said for years will make our first team, my only worry is where he fits in our system! I want to see us fit him in because i like him a lot.

Mancienne could still have a future with us, the loan at Wolves is not real indicator, it is just experience for him, any centre back is going to struggle in that squad. But with a lot of centre back talent on the books and Bruma looking a better prospect it is hard to tell.

Lets not forget the players on loan who could still have a future with us, Di Santo, Cork, Van Aanholt, Bertrand..... all still excellent players, a chance that Cork could come in as cover during January?

For me at the moment Borini, Kakuta and Bruma are looking like making it with our first team for sure. All 3 are top talents and will get plenty more games this season.

Hutchinson would be in that group too for me but i fear that injuries has ruined any chance of making it with us and possibly with anyone else too...

Stoch is exciting player and one i have said for years will make our first team, my only worry is where he fits in our system! I want to see us fit him in because i like him a lot.

Mancienne could still have a future with us, the loan at Wolves is not real indicator, it is just experience for him, any centre back is going to struggle in that squad. But with a lot of centre back talent on the books and Bruma looking a better prospect it is hard to tell.

Lets not forget the players on loan who could still have a future with us, Di Santo, Cork, Van Aanholt, Bertrand..... all still excellent players, a chance that Cork could come in as cover during January?

Doubt that, we have Matic.

Also, in two years time we could have a christmas tree with Stoch and Kakuta behind Drogba/Aguero. That would be sick!! But then, the entire face of Chelsea Team will have changed. The once Powerfull, Tall, and Strong Chelsea team will be replaced with technically gifted short and Not so strong players. A lil bit like Arsenal.

Its impossible for Chelsea to sell someone like Stoch. He has been marvellous in reserves, in the games he played for us and the games in Holland. It would be a BIG mistake to sell him.

Players which are looking promising:

Connor Clifford, Kaby Djalo, Eachran, Kakuta, Di Santo, Borini, Mancienne (despite some saying he isnt playing well at moulineaux, imo hes always one of the top players if hes on the pitch, but has struggled for 2 Games this season and had to pay for tht, his last outing was looking extremely bright, despite been placed in the DM-Position, where he isn't that often used), van Aanholt, Rhys and one none ofe u has mentioned till now, Jacobo Sala, this lad is an outstanding Talent in my eyes.

Edited by Clevemayer