Javier Pastore joins PSG

the wes

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all is said and done, Pastore is still grossly overrated. for that price tag, you would expect a player that dominates games.

so far I'm yet to see any wow factor about him. from a critical point of view- Is he even technically superior to our own josh and Kakuta, what qualities does he have that our duo youngsters lack?

I dont think anyone here thinks Pastore worth 50m Euros. The last reports talked about 30-35, I dont mind we'll pay this money for him.

Guest justin_3d

So now PSG & Real are back in it :whistling:

Tactic to scare and Chelsea to raise the price, no more.

He thinks we are stupid enough to believe Real would want him after the absurdly abundant amount of mid fielders they have.

And PSG is laughable.

Just tactic to try to raise the price so Chelsea can pay more.

Well, I am not too excited about him to be honest. From the highlight of his game I have seen so far, he didn't strike me. The only time I've appreciated him was when I saw him at Copa, against Uruguay. To be frank, it is with his passing game I have problems... But of course, he seems to have talent, so I presume his passing game is just raw.

Plus, I think we could give some chances to Kakuta instead of buying Pastore. Of course, I won't complain if we get him, that would still be a good addition to the squad.

Finally, if we get him, I still hope we can get a player of the like of Modric, who has a very good passing game and who builds the play from a deep position.

Tactic to scare and Chelsea to raise the price, no more.

He thinks we are stupid enough to believe Real would want him after the absurdly abundant amount of mid fielders they have.

And PSG is laughable.

Just tactic to try to raise the price so Chelsea can pay more.

Indeed.

We missed a trick in not signing Nuri Sahin when he was available..

Guest justin_3d

Indeed.

We missed a trick in not signing Nuri Sahin when he was available..

Had no Manager, so was hard.

Now with AVB, we can buy.

Well, I am not too excited about him to be honest. From the highlight of his game I have seen so far, he didn't strike me. The only time I've appreciated him was when I saw him at Copa, against Uruguay. To be frank, it is with his passing game I have problems... But of course, he seems to have talent, so I presume his passing game is just raw.

Plus, I think we could give some chances to Kakuta instead of buying Pastore. Of course, I won't complain if we get him, that would still be a good addition to the squad.

Finally, if we get him, I still hope we can get a player of the like of Modric, who has a very good passing game and who builds the play from a deep position.

I'm of the same opinion. He seems to be way too inconsistent to warrant the rumored price tag. Never seen another 30-50M rated player whos make as many simple pass misses as him.

If you're expecting Pastore to be our midfield orchestrator you'll end up disappointed. He's a goal scoring midfielder in the mould of the Lampard of 2-3 years ago but with more athleticism and technical ability. He's not a Modric or a Pirlo or a Xavi for instance, players who'd sit in the engine room, take the game by the scruff of the neck and dictate the pace at which the game is played.He drifts in and out of games a bit I'd say. No denying he's got a lot of potential but 30 million? Nah.

If you're expecting Pastore to be our midfield orchestrator you'll end up disappointed. He's a goal scoring midfielder in the mould of the Lampard of 2-3 years ago but with more athleticism and technical ability. He's not a Modric or a Pirlo or a Xavi for instance, players who'd sit in the engine room, take the game by the scruff of the neck and dictate the pace at which the game is played.He drifts in and out of games a bit I'd say. No denying he's got a lot of potential but 30 million? Nah.

But we need a xavi/pirlo type of player more than another goal scoring midfielder

But we need a xavi/pirlo type of player more than another goal scoring midfielder

IF we signed Pastore, I'm not sure it means we're not longer in for Modric. As has been mentioned, they are different types of players.

Completely agree. We have goals in our team, what we need now is the necessary personnel and tactical changes to unlock those goals.

Thats your own opinion, I dont think we need this kind of player becuase this kind of game they are bringing with them DOESN'T suit our players.

Ramires cant play in a team that playes slowly, you saw him suffering when he played behind Ganso in the Copa America(And Xavi doesnt give you speed btw,

thats Iniesta and Messi).

And about our main man- Torres/Drogba, well, they wouldnt like it either. Its clear why Drogba wont suit this kind of game, but Torres

dont realy fit to this system too. He realy struggled in the World Cup with all the Xavi's and Iniesta's around him, becuase he used to play in a more fast way,

with Liverpool.

So, I dont know why are you want a Modric/Xavi in our team, he wont suit us and wouldnt realy change us. Modric can be an very nice addition to our midfield,

but I realy dont think he's the guy we need, realy dont. Pastore on the other hand, has the speed and the energy to combine with all of our players,

asspecially the players I mentioned.

I would just say it, its very very clear that most of you want Chelsea to become like Barcelona, but with our current squad, it wont happen.

And im very happy with it, first of all because you cant beat Barcelona with their style of play, and it will be very hard for us to succeed in this kind of game

in the PL, especially in our first season with this kind of syestem. Second of all, and thats just about me, I like my Chelsea tough, I would like some more stylish play

and creativity, but I dont want us to become Francenal.

I know It went a bit off topic, but I needed to say it.

I would just say it, its very very clear that most of you want Chelsea to become like Barcelona, but with our current squad, it wont happen.

And im very happy with it, first of all because you cant beat Barcelona with their style of play, and it will be very hard for us to succses in this kind of game

in the PL, asspecially in our firs season with this kind of syestem. Second of all, and thats just about me, I like my Chelsea tough, I would like some more stylish

and creativity, but I dont want us to become Francenal.

I know It went a bit off topic, but I needed to say it.

Excellent post. The part I've put in bold, I especially like.

Not seen Pastore play much, but from what I hear he would fit into this system wonderfully.

Now they deicided to drop Taarabt, everything is possible. I dont think Pastore would be interested, Ligue 1 is a low level compare to Premier League and Serie A ; and he would be taxed a big part of his wages.

Paris has ambitions and money now, but they can't buy some general level and attractivity to the whole championship !

I think it's one again a strategy to grow the price up because now PSG has money...