Ray Wilkins: my week at work

Steve

ray-wilkins_1295842c.jpg

Ray Wilkins looks back over his week working with the team and tells us the stand-out bits, including a young man impressing everyone ...

Best goal of the week…

That has to be the Standard Liege goalkeeper Sinan Bolat when he came up very late in the week in the Champions League to secure their place in the Europa Cup. It was a great celebration as well.

Best save of the week…

That has to be Shay Given's penalty save against Frank [Lampard] unfortunately. Frank's first miss in 24 but nevertheless a great save.

Best training…

The best person is Nemanja Matic, he has been outstanding. He has come on leaps and bounds and we have all been thrilled with how he has done and long may that continue. His application when he has been with the reserves, his dedication and training with the reserves has been outstanding and we have a first class professional on our books.

Worse training…

That doesn't apply at Cobham because of the professionalism of the players it just doesn't apply here.

Funniest moment of the week…

That has to be JT getting bundled over on his birthday. I thought he may have read the situation but he didn't and Didier crouched down behind him and a little nudge sent him flying.

Best sound of the week…

The best sound will be the final whistle after a victory against Everton.

Best food of the week….

There's always great food here at Cobham but they did a spicy vegetable soup on Thursday which was absolutely outstanding.

Best entertainment…

That was Gael Kakuta standing on a stool, we make all the young players do this when it's their first away trip with the first team, whether they be staff or players, they have to stand on a stool and sing, and Gael Kakuta sang very poorly.

It was good fun but I wouldn't have a clue what he sung, although he squeaked half way through which went down a treat.

The news story that stands out…

Sadly, this has to be the news of the retirement of Dean Ashton, I think everyone here at Chelsea Football Club would like to wish him the very best of luck for the future.

And a special mention goes to…

That has to go out to all the young guys, whether they be reserve or youth guys, that have supplemented our training because we are always pulling in these young fellows to help us and the way they have joined in has been first class. So a big thank you to all those young men that have been across.

Source: CFC

:)

Matic seems to be really impressing in training and this is not the first time i have read this. Hope he keeps developing, looks like one for the future

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic