Wake up, Ron

the wes

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Mirror 30-11-09

Joe Cole has baulked at opening new contract talks with Chelsea.

The Mirror says Chelsea and England star Cole, 28, is out of contract at Stamford Bridge next summer when his current £80,000-a-week terms expire.

And new Blues chief executive Ron Gourlay has made keeping Cole one of his top priorities.

But Cole's representatives have no plans to open formal negotiationsuntil the midfielder starts producing imperious displays again.

He is desperate to prove his worth to new manager Carlo Ancelotti.

Cole then hopes to join John Terry, Didier Drogba, Michael Ballack, Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole by penning a four-year deal worth over six-figures a week.

Yea thats why I think they would not elt him go, because he is the fans favourite (or at least mine) and they know there would be havoc. He is one of the most skillfull english players when the ball is at his feet, and with Ancelotti praising him after his return, I feel he still has a future at Chelsea

Ancelloti needs to start playing him more in his diamond

-----Mikel

Lampard- Essien/

-----J.Cole

and change JC for frank when width and speed is required

enough of deco! he gives up the ball to easy, he is better suited for the fluidity of Spanish football

The Club offered him contract but he refused saying that he wants to show his worth to the club and improve his performance on the pitch inorder to warrant a bigger contract by the end of this season. Fair Enough to him. Dont see why Ron is at fault here.....

And following diamond is what Ancelloti needs to play regularly in important games.

-------Mikel/Essien

Lampard---------Malouda/Essien

----------Joe Cole/Kakuta---

Ballack and Deco can be used as subs but THAT should be the first preference.

Joe Cole insists he would like nothing better than to sign a long-term contract extension at Chelsea.

The England international will see his current deal expire at the end of the season and he is yet to put pen-to-paper on fresh terms.

It has been suggested in some quarters that the 28-year-old playmaker could be willing to take the opportunity to seal a lucrative switch elsewhere.

However, the former West Ham man is adamant that he wants to remain at Stamford Bridge for the foreseeable future.

"I want nothing more than to stay at Chelsea, I love it here," Cole told the Daily Mail.

"It's not a problem (the contract situation). I don't want a drama in the papers, either. You won't hear my agent running around saying I'm going to this club or that club. I want to be at Chelsea and they know that."

Cole's progress over the last 12 months has been severely hampered by a long-term knee injury, which prevented him from featuring under Guus Hiddink and delayed his involvement under Carlo Ancelotti.

Heart and soul

He knows he now has to prove himself all over again if he is to become a regular in the Blues' starting XI, but believes he is more than up to the challenge.

Cole added: "I've still got a lot to prove. If I want to play the No.10 position for Chelsea, I've got to prove myself again but that's alright, I've had to prove myself all my life."

Cole is desperate to put his injury problems behind him and focus on putting in eye-catching performances on the field, as he admits he would be devastated to miss out on next summer's World Cup finals.

"I'll put my heart and soul into getting into that team," he said.

"All I need to do is to get back to my best football and I think I'll merit a place in the starting XI. I have faith in myself and my desire to get to the level I was at before. That's the way I'm looking at it. I'm going to try everything in my power.

"Win the Premier League, win the Champions League, score in the final, be a major part of that and I'm sure I'll have a good chance of going.

"If you look at my performances for England since I got in, in 2004, I feel I've performed consistently as well as anyone throughout that period."

SkySports

if joe cole feels that way what's the hold up

Edited by the wes