Ric: Blues have Mour now

the wes

<h2 class="padding-bottom-7" style="font-size: 1.05em; line-height: 1.05em;">RICARDO CARVALHO claims the current Chelsea side is stronger than Jose Mourinho's title-winning team of 2005.</h2>Mourinho guided Chelsea to their first league win in 50 years with a side that lost just once in 38 games and conceded only 15 goals.

The current Chelsea team under Carlo Ancelotti have already lost twice this term in the league and were last night knocked out of the Carling Cup by Blackburn.

But the Blues have been installed as title favourites having opened up a five-point lead at the top of the Premier League.

Carvalho, who was signed by Mourinho in 2004, said: "In this moment we are an improvement even from that first year here under Mourinho.

"Of course then we were compact and everyone was fighting but now I think we have more quality in the squad. Or at least different players, playing in a different system and style."

Chelsea are also through to the knockout stages of the Champions League while Carvalho's Portugal have qualified for next summer's World Cup.

The defender, 31, added: "Things are good for everyone. We are playing well and not conceding goals.

"We are top and also Portugal have qualified for the World Cup, so everyone in my life is happy."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2756809/Ric-Blues-have-Mour-now.html#ixzz0YeyfzFOM

i agree with Ric

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that a couple hours ago and agree with most of what he says. Mourinho was a different style, and I would love to watch a match between Chelsea 2005 and Chelsea 2009... who would win? I would have to say that our Chelsea now would win.

Does anybody know our statistics in the 2005 league fourteen games into the season?