Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Loan Interest

It has been another busy period for Chelsea's fleet of youngsters on loan away from Stamford Bridge, with a mix bag of results in recent weeks.Franco Di Santo,who is cup-tied ahead of tonight's Carling Cup quarter-final clash,continues to lead the Blackburn attack - the Argentine has now rackedup 10 Premier League appearances for the Ewood Park side, his only goalcoming against Burnley back in October.

Michael Manciennecontinues to learn the hard way what top flight football is all about,with Wolves sat next to bottom and without a league win in 10 games.

The 21-year-old defender returned to the side inSunday's 1-0 defeat by Birmingham at Molineux, but was replaced athalf-time by manager Mick McCarthy. Like Di Santo, Mancienne has 10league appearances to his name this season, one as a substitute.

Since the last update, Scott Sinclairearned a first league start for Wigan, but it was an off-day for allconcerned as Roberto Martinez's side fell 4-0 at Portsmouth. Scott, 20,played the full 90 minutes, coming off the bench in the next game, a1-1 draw with Fulham on November 8.

That was the winger's last first team involvementfor the Latics, meaning he did at least miss their 9-1 drubbing atTottenham in late November, where he was among the unused substitutes.

As you may have seen on the official Chelsea website last week, things are going very well for Miroslav Stoch at FC Twente in Holland.

The winger has played in 14 of Twente's 15unbeaten league games, with Steve McClaren's men two points clear atthe top of the Dutch league. Added to that, Stoch, 20, has chipped inwith five league goals, one in Saturday's 3-1 win at Willem II thattakes them to 10 straight domestic wins.

'We are playing 4-3-3,' Miroslav told us.'In the beginning I was playing right winger but after a few games thecoach changed it and he put me on the left and he kept me there. Iprefer it. I can cut the ball inside and shoot with my right foot, orgo on the outside and cross with my left.'

If that wasn't enough, Stoch, who enjoys agrowing impact in the Slovakian national side, will be heading to theWorld Cup in June, fitness and form permitting, after qualifying aheadof Petr Cech's Czech Republic.

Back on English shores, Jack Cork and Patrick van Aanholtcontinue to play their part in Coventry's inconsistent season in theChampionship. The Sky Blues are without a win in eight games, but bothmen have accumulated 15 league appearances, Cork playing 1266 minutesof league football, just 20 more than his Chelsea team-mate.

0,,10268~7788896,00.jpg

Both players are also regulars in their respective national Under 21 squads, and Cork is joined at England get-togethers by Ryan Bertrand, currently with Reading.

Since recovering from the concussion reported sixweeks ago, Bertrand has featured in a further five league games, twowins, a draw and two defeats.

Reading boss Brendan Rodgers, formerly Ryan'sreserve team manager here at Chelsea, has been impressed with histemporary acquisition, who started in England Under 21's 1-0 win overPortugal at Wembley last month.

'He's going to be a top talent, he's one of thefew left-sided players who is good defensively and can go forward,'Rodgers said.

'I know what he can do and he's been a big hitwith the supporters here and they really like him because he's 100 percent committed and is a big possibility for the future.'

There are also three Chelsea players currently operating in League One. On Tuesday night, Tom Taiwo scored his first ever league goal to help Carlisle on their way against Hartlepool.

It was the 19-year-old midfielder's first gamesince he was sent off in the 4-3 win at MK Dons on November 24, and his23rd appearance this season in all competitions.

Midfielder Liam Bridcutt, 20, has playedin four league games for Stockport since the last Loan Interest onOctober 19, and has been on the losing side every time, though he didalso play in the 5-0 FA Cup win against Tooting & Mitcham.

Bridcutt has played 16 times this season, scoring once for the Edgeley Park club.

Finally in League One, Jacob Mellis, atSouthampton, has had to make do with a place on the bench in recentgames with the Saints in good form, unbeaten in their last three games.

The Chelsea man, still only 18, did make a latesub appearance in Tuesday's 1-0 win over Wycombe, taking him to 13appearances for the south coast club, eight as a starter.

Nana Ofori-Twumasi,who signed a temporary deal at Dagenham and Redbridge last month, hasplayed four games for the Essex club, notching his first goal in leaguefootball against Torquay on Tuesday evening.

Rhys Taylor last month signed a temporary deal at Queens Park Rangers lasting until January, but he is still to make a senior appearance.

Source: Chelsea FC

It has been another busy period for Chelsea's fleet of youngsters on loan away from Stamford Bridge, with a mix bag of results in recent weeks.Franco Di Santo,who is cup-tied ahead of tonight's Carling Cup quarter-final clash,continues to lead the Blackburn attack - the Argentine has now rackedup 10 Premier League appearances for the Ewood Park side, his only goalcoming against Burnley back in October.

Michael Manciennecontinues to learn the hard way what top flight football is all about,with Wolves sat next to bottom and without a league win in 10 games.

The 21-year-old defender returned to the side inSunday's 1-0 defeat by Birmingham at Molineux, but was replaced athalf-time by manager Mick McCarthy. Like Di Santo, Mancienne has 10league appearances to his name this season, one as a substitute.

Since the last update, Scott Sinclairearned a first league start for Wigan, but it was an off-day for allconcerned as Roberto Martinez's side fell 4-0 at Portsmouth. Scott, 20,played the full 90 minutes, coming off the bench in the next game, a1-1 draw with Fulham on November 8.

That was the winger's last first team involvementfor the Latics, meaning he did at least miss their 9-1 drubbing atTottenham in late November, where he was among the unused substitutes.

As you may have seen on the official Chelsea website last week, things are going very well for Miroslav Stoch at FC Twente in Holland.

The winger has played in 14 of Twente's 15unbeaten league games, with Steve McClaren's men two points clear atthe top of the Dutch league. Added to that, Stoch, 20, has chipped inwith five league goals, one in Saturday's 3-1 win at Willem II thattakes them to 10 straight domestic wins.

'We are playing 4-3-3,' Miroslav told us.'In the beginning I was playing right winger but after a few games thecoach changed it and he put me on the left and he kept me there. Iprefer it. I can cut the ball inside and shoot with my right foot, orgo on the outside and cross with my left.'

If that wasn't enough, Stoch, who enjoys agrowing impact in the Slovakian national side, will be heading to theWorld Cup in June, fitness and form permitting, after qualifying aheadof Petr Cech's Czech Republic.

Back on English shores, Jack Cork and Patrick van Aanholtcontinue to play their part in Coventry's inconsistent season in theChampionship. The Sky Blues are without a win in eight games, but bothmen have accumulated 15 league appearances, Cork playing 1266 minutesof league football, just 20 more than his Chelsea team-mate.

0,,10268~7788896,00.jpg

Both players are also regulars in their respective national Under 21 squads, and Cork is joined at England get-togethers by Ryan Bertrand, currently with Reading.

Since recovering from the concussion reported sixweeks ago, Bertrand has featured in a further five league games, twowins, a draw and two defeats.

Reading boss Brendan Rodgers, formerly Ryan'sreserve team manager here at Chelsea, has been impressed with histemporary acquisition, who started in England Under 21's 1-0 win overPortugal at Wembley last month.

'He's going to be a top talent, he's one of thefew left-sided players who is good defensively and can go forward,'Rodgers said.

'I know what he can do and he's been a big hitwith the supporters here and they really like him because he's 100 percent committed and is a big possibility for the future.'

There are also three Chelsea players currently operating in League One. On Tuesday night, Tom Taiwo scored his first ever league goal to help Carlisle on their way against Hartlepool.

It was the 19-year-old midfielder's first gamesince he was sent off in the 4-3 win at MK Dons on November 24, and his23rd appearance this season in all competitions.

Midfielder Liam Bridcutt, 20, has playedin four league games for Stockport since the last Loan Interest onOctober 19, and has been on the losing side every time, though he didalso play in the 5-0 FA Cup win against Tooting & Mitcham.

Bridcutt has played 16 times this season, scoring once for the Edgeley Park club.

Finally in League One, Jacob Mellis, atSouthampton, has had to make do with a place on the bench in recentgames with the Saints in good form, unbeaten in their last three games.

The Chelsea man, still only 18, did make a latesub appearance in Tuesday's 1-0 win over Wycombe, taking him to 13appearances for the south coast club, eight as a starter.

Nana Ofori-Twumasi,who signed a temporary deal at Dagenham and Redbridge last month, hasplayed four games for the Essex club, notching his first goal in leaguefootball against Torquay on Tuesday evening.

Rhys Taylor last month signed a temporary deal at Queens Park Rangers lasting until January, but he is still to make a senior appearance.

Source: Chelsea FC