Jack Rodwell joins Manchester City

the wes

But we aren't Arsenal and if Romeu wants to leave then he will.

I don't see what you're getting at, but Romeu won't be able to leave that easily. For one thing, the Barcelona buy-back clause was bogus, which means they won't be able to just bring him back as they wish, and we're terrific at keeping players. Perhaps too good at it. Romeu will probably stay until he's 37 and everyone wants him out.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what you're getting at, but Romeu won't be able to leave that easily. For one thing, the Barcelona buy-back clause was bogus, which means they won't be able to just bring him back as they wish, and we're terrific at keeping players. Perhaps too good at it. Romeu will probably stay until he's 37 and everyone wants him out.

We aren't the kind of club to hang onto a player that wants to leave, we might give them incentives to stay ala Lampard's contract but if they really want to leave like Fabregas(and Romeu might go down that road no matter how much you don't want him to) we aren't going to force them to stay against their will.

whats wrong with getting rodwell and a creative midfielder? More than likely to happen

Costs too much and doesnt improve midfield

Starting 11 midfield would be:

--------Romeu-------

Ramires------???---

Only one spot available. Either a creative mid or rodwell.

We aren't the kind of club to hang onto a player that wants to leave, we might give them incentives to stay ala Lampard's contract but if they really want to leave like Fabregas(and Romeu might go down that road no matter how much you don't want him to) we aren't going to force them to stay against their will.

Um, how do you know that? We were never really put in a situation where one of our key players desperately wants to leave. We just never had to force players to stay. Of course, we won't try to stop a 34-year-old Lampard from leaving if he really wants to leave, but I'm pretty sure we'll do our best to keep our world-class Spanish international if Romeu ever becomes one.

I wouldn't

Ind us getting rodwell BUT we must and I mean must get rid of deadweight mikel ASAP!!! Then we could also ease desman back into the midfield and suddenly our midfield win: Ramires (energizer bunny) lampard (goal scorer) mierles (little bit of both) and romeu (makalele in the making hopefully) and essien (mix of all 4) plus jack looks like a great midfield. However jack must contribute to the goal scoring in order for this transfer to be a success, for lampard won't ever reach that 20 goal per season mark.

Um, how do you know that? We were never really put in a situation where one of our key players desperately wants to leave. We just never had to force players to stay. Of course, we won't try to stop a 34-year-old Lampard from leaving if he really wants to leave, but I'm pretty sure we'll do our best to keep our world-class Spanish international if Romeu ever becomes one.

Robben?

Rodwell, who won his first senior England cap in November, had been linked by some to Stamford Bridge, with Toffees boss David Moyes insisting that no offers have been made, and Villas-Boas has played down the rumours.

“I saw that we'd been linked with him,” the Blues manager added.

“First, it's important to clarify that it's unfair that I constantly comment on other players.

“In midfield, we don't need players. Rodwell has been playing there this season.

“Midfield is not a sector where we're desperate to strengthen our squad. So at the moment those stories are false.”

He also played down Modric rumors too.