Hey guys.

Hello blues!

First of all, I gotta say, hugely impressive website! Love the layout and I hope more people join in to make it a more fledgling community.

I'm from India and I've been a Chelsea fan ever since I knew about them or put simply , when the English premier league was televised here. I remember back in the day when Manyoo did their treble , 10 years ago and that was around the time when ESPN decided to create a market here (literally!).Being in a country where cricket runs deep , a sport I never really got into, I always was into basketball and football when I was a kid and my dad had played for the state team back in his time(like being a part of a county team, if there was one), so his leaning bias toward football rubbed onto to me. I can never forget how I had glimpses of the 94' USA WC and more religiously, the time when my family woke up past midnight many times during the France 98' WC when I was 9 years old on a school week!

Anyway,since I was with the school football team , I remember 10 out of say 15 being either Manyoo or Arsenal fans.The rest were a couple Juventus fans and a Barca fan and I took pride in supporting Chelsea while watching Zola,Desailly,Wise , Petit play, although he came in later. I'll admit to something though,funnily enough the thing that caught my eye at the very begining , was the close proximity of the fans to the pitch and the camera angle on tv which gave the impression of it being a small pitch, the kind where a 5 on 5 would play where the game is quick and exciting. That was my initiation coupled with my liking for blue when I was 11 or 12 hah and I haven't lost touch with Chelsea FC since.

We have been having some very good years ever since the turn of the century , even though the revival was there to see toward the last part of the yester-decade and things are looking real good so far this season. It would be great to interact with fellow supporters and fans alike, hearing your stories about being at the Bridge and other experiences. :)

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic