Will Carlo Ancelotti's Chelsea reign mirror that of Luiz Felipe Scolari?

Term-X

I cant believe that some people are already doubting Ancelotti. Simply put , if you cant get behind Carlo Ancelotti then chances are you will never get behind any manager we ever have again. Ancelotti has been there and done it as a player and he has been there and done it as a coach of one of the greatest AC Milan sides of all time. The man is one of the greatest managers in the world game , tactically superb with an eye for talent and very intelligent and apparently quite a nice guy too. Obviously it will take time for him to fully put his stamp on the side but I am more than happy with the season thus far under him and I do think that Ancelotti could be our manager for 5 , 6 , 7 or even however long he wants to be , thats how good a coach he is.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe that some people are already doubting Ancelotti. Simply put , if you cant get behind Carlo Ancelotti then chances are you will never get behind any manager we ever have again. Ancelotti has been there and done it as a player and he has been there and done it as a coach of one of the greatest AC Milan sides of all time. The man is one of the greatest managers in the world game , tactically superb with an eye for talent and very intelligent and apparently quite a nice guy too. Obviously it will take time for him to fully put his stamp on the side but I am more than happy with the season thus far under him and I do think that Ancelotti could be our manager for 5 , 6 , 7 or even however long he wants to be , thats how good a coach he is.

My thoughts exactly, he's come from as you say one of the greatest sides in one the best footballing nations in the world. From what i've read about him, he is extremely experienced and understands what it's like to be a player as well as a manager. He needs to be given a chance to blossom. I think also the players have taken some of the responsibility for Wigan as well and are well aware that they need to perform today, which I'm sure they will do.. We can't blame it all on the manager, there has to be some give and take. I think he did say that he has plans to retire in 2015, so he has time to show what he can do and make his mark on the club.

I believe that if we can get the 3 points today, then we can win the league. I think comparing Aneclotti to Scolari is just plain stupid. Both men have to different styles and two different ways. I think the biggest downfall of the so called 'scolari era' was that he changed the training method half-way through the season. Carlo has more experience in club level so he should knopw the kind of do's and don'ts', and has to rely on the team for the performance he expects. To me, Carlo is more tactically aware because of his previous tenres in Italy. He has a good eye for young talent and knows a right change in the team if needed be. Another downfall was that he didn't have a back-up plan, incase his first plan failed, but Carlo has three options: 442 diamond, christmas tree, and, if need be, 433. All i can say that is i expect Carlo to do BETTER then scolari, and the statistic mentioned above supports this. I have all my faith in Carlo to get us some success, both domestic and european.

I think some people (including the media) wanted us to lose today and prove a point that Ancelotti is not up to the job after what happened at Wigan. I am so glad that we proved them all wrong. Now hopefully everyone will shut up and let him get on with his job. After today we can definitely put what happened at Wigan to bed. :blue scalf:

I'm sorry but I don't understand all this DD11 worship? Sure, he had a half-decent game and totally outshone Torres (who was feebly poor), but I can't see why his performance is being heaped with praise. Okay, in fairness, he did excellently to tease in a cross for Anelka to score and his strength in the build up for Malouda's goal was second to none, but other than that, he had quite a quiet game. His diving really did mar a decent game for him, though, in my opinion. His overall contribution wasn't bad but I though Anelka was just as lively, and he got on the scoresheet. I've also noted John Terry's and Michael Essien's performances haven't been singled out by many people, when they were truly awesome. A lot of people said Gerrard had a quiet game. Now, was that purely coincidental; that he bottled it in a big match? Or is it because Essien was biting at his heels constantly, giving him no room to manoeuvre? And Fernando Who, exactly? Because John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho (another person who had a brilliant game) kept him out of the match for its entirety, almost. I'm not slating Didier, he had a decent game - Terry, Essien, Ashley Cole, Hilario and Carvalho had better ones.

I think it matter s better it a brilliant team performance overall. They shook off the pressure of failure and discontent fromt the Wigan game, and the lack of belief from the poor performane against APOEL. Drogba was a factor in the win as much was Malouda, Ballack, Essien, Deco, Anelka, Terry, Ivanovich, Carvalho etc. Hilario was the better player for me, he wasn't put off by the pressure of the game, and pulled out all the stops to get a clean sheet, i say we have a good sub.