Hello from the U.S.A.

BlueNote

Hello all,

Wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself after joining this board today. It's a great resource and fan site for this awesome club, and I'm glad to be a part of it. As you've probably already seen, I live in Washington, D.C. in the U.S., wishing I was living in West London so I could attend more matches during the season. :)

I've supported Chelsea here in the states for a while now. I had the opportunity to finally see them live when they came here to play in the World Football Challenge earlier this summer. I attended the match vs. AC Milan in Baltimore, Maryland for my birthday in July, and enjoyed every minute of it. It wasn't a Premier League match, but what a game that was. Wish I could see them in person more often, but I do catch every match Live on Fox Soccer Television over here.

Best fans, best club, I'm proud to be a member of this forum.

-Jon

*Edit:

All,

Posted before I could change the spelling on the topic title from Grettings to Greetings. Not sure what "grettings" means, lol. I can't change it! Mods plz clean-up.

Thanks!

Edited by BlueNote

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Talkchelsea mate, how did you find us?

By accident really. When I went to the WFC match this past summer, there was a guy handing out cards outside the stadium for the "Chelsea in America" club, and I went to that website and joined, but I also wanted to be a member of a Chelsea support club outside the U.S., where, let's face it, the true fans are. Nothing against us in the U.S., we support the club as much as you guys, but it's a bit different with the Blues supporters in the club's home England and the whole of Europe.

So I did some research online and found the site. I immediately loved what I saw and decided to join. Now I've got means staying in touch with club fans over there in the U.K.! blue%20scalf.gif

Thanks again for the welcome everyone!

And Terminator X, I'm loving that photo you have there of Franky! Man's a pimp on and off the pitch! Lol!

Welcome! Nice to have another yank on the board! I wound up being to broke to go to any of the WFC games, and I am wishing I did.

Thanks bro.

Yeah, the WFC match was a blast. I'll sort through some of the photos I took at the game and post them over in the Media Section! There were so many CFC fans there! There was a row of guys sitting behind me who were singing all the CFC chants and songs the entire game like a regular match in Europe. They were all from London, life long Chelsea fans. I wish I could sing along, but unfortunately I only know a few. :lol:

• 1 month later...