Chelsea vs QPR

BlueLion.

I was at the match and found it frustrating to watch. It would have been nice to have had at least another goal. Good result obviously in the end a win and another 3 points in the bag. Nice to see Joe Cole playing.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did borini play?

He showed promise. Made a few little nice runs playing off the last man, but didn't get picked out often enough. The one time he really got picked out though he carried the ball too long before Heaton saving his shot. Hope to see quite a bit more of him.

Excellent game, not the most comfortable but considering it was the Carling Cup and the team we put out i was very pleased indeed.

Going through the team i thought Hilario had a fine game, very confident and comfortable with everything he dealt with. I thought the full backs Ferreira and Zhirkov were a weak link, beaten far too often and easily. With Zhirkov i hope it is a case of getting into things because he didn't look comfortable at all defensively, he will offer us far more in an attacking position. Ivanovic was very strong and had a solid game. Sam Hutchinson was outstanding in his first start and also playing at Centre back which i was pleasantly suprised to see, great debut from him, Hutchinson and Mancienne as first choice pairing in 5 years time? that i would love to see.

Mikel had a very good first half and a sloppy second half, gave the ball away more than he should have. Belletti whilst he had a few good moments offered little especially in the first half, Malouda was solid as usual. It was just fantastic to see Joe Cole back and he did not dissapoint, excellent return and showed us why he is ideal for the tip of the diamond and it will be exciting to see him there with Drogs and Anelka ahead of him.

Kalou and Borini worked a very good little partnership. Kalou got the goal which he took very well indeed and he was a constant threat, dropped very deep a lot of the time which didn't help and at other times should have released the ball when he kept hold of it. Borini played a full 90 which would have been great for him, and he did himself complete justice, didn't look out of place one bit and worked hard like we expect to see from him. Would have loved to see him bag a goal but it wasn't meant to be, he gets himself in some brilliant positions and in time he will get goals from always being in those positions.

It wasn't toally comfotable but i was never really worried we would conceed. It was for me a perfect Carling Cup team and i hope we get to see more of it in the next rounds.