OFFICIAL: Kenyon to Leave

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K help for some reason I keep reading it as 'Kenyon asked to leave'

Anyho has been kinda coming for a while..been in the papers a while back anyway and now bam here it is.Be intresting to see where he goes/is Arsensen pops up suddenly in his role..

But meh to the brand.A brands a brand aint gana effect performace or whatever..money maybe but

I am disappointed, its because of him the Club has grown leaps and bounds inspite of the bullshit in the last three seasons. The Bad things that happened to the club has nothing to do with him be it the Manager's Musical Chairs or Jose Mourinho's rants against other managers, FA, Players, and every living being on earth, which made everyone hate us.

The only embarrassing thing for him was to lead the team to take the losers medal.

i think the billionaires at notts county have already offered him a crazy amount of money to take on that challenge.

although i can see man-city snapping him up considering more or less all our shirt sales outside of England are because of him. He's the best at what he does and is the only reason we have all the fans around the world which is important if we ever want to be self dependent as a club (financially)

allot of people will try to be all fake about this decision and say it's not about the brand image but about the performance and try and act like they are somehow better fans..

but in reality you need a brand to gain recognition for successes, otherwise you have no business or financial muscle for when roman eventually leaves.

I think this decision has something to do with us breaking even by 2012 than anything else.. Its salary as mentioned in the annual accounts was the highest amongst the non-playing staff at a whopping 2m a year. I had mentioned a couple of months back that Kenyon has pretty much done evrything we wanted outta him. All we need now is some young executive, probably a life long Chelsea fan or so, to maintain this momentum.

Only part where I felt we could have done better is with a new stadium plan. I know we cannot expand ours to more than 52k or so. But still a Club like Chelsea should boast of a state of the art stadium which can map up to our Cobham reputation !!!

So thanks to all good things he has done like the sponsorship deals (Not happy about our 15m a year Samsung deal after I heard of the 20m a year Liv-scums hv managed to get frm Stan Chart), numerous associations with Asian and African football associations and being a premier promoter of 2012 Olympics and 2018 WC bids !!! And good luck for the future...

:worship::clap::wave::yes:

Kenyon pays the price for Scolari failure

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon takes fall for the appointment of Scolari

Chelsea have announced today that Peter Kenyon is to step down as chief executive with immediate effective.

Just days after the Gael Kakuta saga, Chelseahave announced the decision but according to The Times, it is adecision that had been a long time coming and is has no relation to therecent Fifa imposed transfer embargo.

85662ecc-9924-48da-b428-90ac98885f2e.jpgKenyon leaves his position

Kenyon has been sidelined ever since Luiz Felipe Scolari was sacked personally by owner Roman Ambrovich last February.

The Times reports:

“He has made a few errors that have led to his departurebut he is effectively paying the price for his decision to appoint LuizFelipe Scolari as manager last summer in preference to Carlo Ancelotti,who was Roman Ambrovich’s preferred candidate.”

Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich personally took on therecruitment of Ancelotti in the summer and it is believed Frank Arnesenhas been given greater responsibility over transfers.

The Times have also reported:

“On top of that, Kenyon hasn’t been forgiven for failingto sign Robinho 14 months ago. He has agreed long-term deals withSamsung and adidas and so there was not much for him left to do atChelsea. He was looking to move on and Chelsea were happy to let him dothat.”

Arnesen to get more responsibility? :o

Expect to see him at man city at the start of next season.

I fucking hate the twat i'm glad he's leaving.

My thoughts exactly hated him since he came and decided not only to increase the st prices in his first season but also take the free cup games away and then had the cheek to say how good he was by them being £25 , no you mug i had them free...... once a manc always a manc

My thoughts exactly hated him since he came and decided not only to increase the st prices in his first season but also take the free cup games away and then had the cheek to say how good he was by them being £25 , no you mug i had them free...... once a manc always a manc

he made man-utd what they are today, and like it or not roman's plan was to make us a global brand, replicating man-utd so anyone who cannot grasp the fact kenyon's a successful business brain is an idiot.

and the new guy gourley is also from united and worked with umbro :rolleyes:

he made man-utd what they are today, and like it or not roman's plan was to make us a global brand, replicating man-utd so anyone who cannot grasp the fact kenyon's a successful business brain is an idiot.

and the new guy gourley is also from united and worked with umbro rolleyes.gif

Kenyon was not liked by the regulars ( by regulars i mean home, away and euro away fans) around 2k at most who attend 90% of the games a season... why cause he started off by treating us like mugs , i couldnt care less how many shirts we sold in the us because of him in fact due to his brand we have attracted all the posh twats and daytrippers who have destroyed any atmosphere we have at home.

Our club should not be seen as a business ( that is why football is 25% of what it used to be, the passion is slowly draining from the game ) and you need to understand what being Chels is to run it its not like managing some sports company.

Kenyon does not care about the fans, he has refused a 16-21 year old st for the past few years despite being told how it could be funded by the fans of course with no extra cost to Chelsea all this despite us having th elowest number of st holders in the league from that age group.

Edited by blue_army

Kenyone was not liked by the regulars ( by regulars i mean home, away and euro away fans) around 2k at most who attend 90% of the games a season... why cause he started off by treating us like mugs , i couldnt care less how many shirts we sold in the us because of him in fact due to his brand we have attracted all the posh twats and daytrippers who have destroyed any atmosphere we have at home.

Our club should not be seen as a business ( that is why football is 25% of what it used to be, the passion is slowly draining from the game ) and you need to understand what beign Chels is to run it its not like managing some sports company.

Kenyon does not care about the fans, he has refused a 16-21 year old st for the past few years despite being told how it could be funded by the fans of course with no extra cost to Chelsea all this despite us having th elowest number of st holders in the league from that age group.

:goodpost: