OFFICIAL: Kenyon to Leave

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea.com

KENYON ENDS ROLE AS CHIEF EXECUTIVE

Posted on: Wed 16 Sep 2009

Chelsea announced today (Wednesday) that chief executive Peter Kenyon is leaving the club in a full-time capacity from October 31.

Kenyon will continue to be a non-executive director and represent Chelsea on various Uefa and the European Clubs' Association committees.

He said: 'I am extremely proud of my time at Chelsea and of the friendships I have forged with everyone here.

'I have been in football for 15 years and I can say with great certainty and pleasure the experience at Chelsea is one of the best I have had.

'When I joined Chelsea it was an incredible challenge and together with all the staff, the players, the board and Roman, I think we have really built a club, in a relatively short space of time, that can be in the forefront of European football for many years to come. That is a major achievement.

'I am also delighted that our relationship is not ending and I can continue to make a contribution to keeping Chelsea in that position and to go back to visit friends.

'I intend to take a little time off before considering what I do next but I am certain I have at least one major challenge left in me.

'I would like to wish Chelsea the best of luck for the rest of the season. I am sure Carlo can lead the team to more great things.'

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck said: 'Peter has done a fantastic job for Chelsea in the last five-and-a-half years and has been absolutely central to the success on and off the field we have had during that time.

'Without his football knowledge and business acumen Chelsea would not be where we are today.

'Everyone at Chelsea thanks him for that contribution and although he will not be with us on a permanent basis he will have an important role to play as a non-executive director and in the various roles he holds in European football bodies.

'When Peter first joined us we knew we were recruiting a top executive from business generally, not just football. With that always came a certain inevitability he would eventually want to seek a new challenge and I am sure that is what he will do.

'Whatever his next permanent job we wish him the best of luck in the future. He will always be welcome back at Chelsea.'

So whats your thoughts on this......is this connected to the recent Kakuta drama or a coincidence ?

Chelsea chief Kenyon leaves role

_46387759_breaking_news_226x170.gifChelsea have announced that Peter Kenyon will be leaving his full-time role at the end of October.

Kenyon, who joined Chelsea from Manchester United in 2003, will continue at Stamford Bridge as a non-executive director.

"Ihave been in football for 15 years and I can say with great certaintyand pleasure the experience at Chelsea is one of the best I have had,"he said.

More to follow.

glad he has gone... but there's still another Prob. Arnesen :readthemessage: :readthemessage: :readthemessage:

come on guys, Umbro did a much better job than Adidas, I'm regretting that step frum our board still... loved that 2004/2005-Shirt...

Chelsea was to become a global Trade anyway... this twat cost us to much reputation and money...

Edited by Clevemayer

adidas are a much bigger brand than umbro ^

ac milan, real madrid (bigest club in the world)

umbro are for up and coming clubs like man-city

kenyon made Chelsea a worldwide brand, and no that wouldn't of happened anyway ^ because you need to have a business brain and know what your doing, kenyon did the same with man-utd too

we are in danger of becoming what arsenal are now, instead of the fresh revolutionary club we were when kenyon arrived.

It all depends on who replaces him really, he has done tremedous work for the club, albeit he screwed up some high profile potential signings, but he also negotiated some great ones. I hoipe he doesnt end up at Man City tho, im pretty sure he has learned from all his mistakes at Chelsea and could use what he has learned with great effect there. Hopefully the next appointment can take us to where we want to be and maintain it

@terminator

come on, i dont like adidas cause theyre kits dont look good... except the new away and the Home-Kit from last season... Umbro's Kits looked much better, why not Nike?

And Umbro is a brand with tradition, OK they belong to Nike, but they're design is much better than Adidas.

His decisions cost us much money, only good thing was Samsung imho... but like I said, after Abramovich bought us, Chelsea was always going to be a global trade... The same thing is happening to city... if you like it or not...

and we wont be Arsenal, no way I see that happening...

Edited by Clevemayer