Chelsea's big name players will leave the club, says Arjen Robben

the wes

Former Chelseawinger Arjen Robben believes some of the club's current stars couldquit the club due to the FIFA transfer ban, resulting in 'disaster' forthe Blues.

The governing body imposed a 16-month embargo onthe Blues after finding them guilty of inducing French teenager GaelKakuta of breaking his contract with Lens.

And Robben, wholeft Stamford Bridge for Real Madrid and now plays for Bayern Munich,believes the issue could spark an exodus of top players if Chelsea'sprospects are hindered by the ruling.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1211517/Chelseas-transfer-ban-spell-disaster-club-says-Blues-star-Arjen-Robben.html#ixzz0QMHTujSe

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh I read that as well and to be honest..the ban lasts till 2011 not forever.Be a chance to players to prove themselves really as well and surley we wouldnt accept any bids anyway? That and a fair few of our top players have just gone and signed contracts

But if any decide they really wana leave I'd say fuck them.Shows were their loyalties lie but again seem another case of media stirring and unsettling and trying to keep the story going etc and why is Robben sticking his nose in if he actully did.Comes from the Mail so always gana be doom and gloom

Edited by Laylabelle

I think players that haven't really shown there dedication for the team: eg Deco, will leave, but players like Bosingwa and Ballack will stay. I think Anelka may be pissed off about not getting a new contract, but he does love playing for us. He has been quoted many times saying he would love to retire here.

I think players that haven't really shown there dedication for the team: eg Deco, will leave, but players like Bosingwa and Ballack will stay. I think Anelka may be pissed off about not getting a new contract, but he does love playing for us. He has been quoted many times saying he would love to retire here.

Not Sure about Bosingwa next season. He seemed flabbergasted at the Club holding him as a bait for Ribery Transfer. Next season he might just leave.

Anelka needs a new contract. He wont leave us...thats for fucking sure.

Deco and Ballack's contracts end at the end of this season. So if they both move on, we will seriously lack a midfielder or two in the middle.

I think it comes down to how each individual feels valued as a player and how often they are utilised on the pitch. Obviously the lure of more many is going to be of more interest to some players and that's where they start to become greedy. I think it's also to do with if the club is successful then they'll want to stay with the club where is we're not doing so well, they'll want to bugger off somewhere else.

Not Sure about Bosingwa next season. He seemed flabbergasted at the Club holding him as a bait for Ribery Transfer. Next season he might just leave.

Anelka needs a new contract. He wont leave us...thats for fucking sure.

Deco and Ballack's contracts end at the end of this season. So if they both move on, we will seriously lack a midfielder or two in the middle.

give joe cole more of a central role and bring Cork into 1st team squad............