The Transfer Ban

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Injuries are a part of the game, no club can go all season injury free. That's why we have at least 3 players for every position. They might not be as good as the injured player, but they will lean on the players around them and be better for it.

I think this is a blessing in disguise. We have to start developing our junior talent! We can't just run to shop everytime something is broken. We need to try and fix it! Let's not forget Lampard wasn't a born talent, he learnt from the players around him! I hope we un-earth a massive talent!

What team has a 33+ man squad!? It will cost us because if we lose big key players to injury then yes we will have to lean on youngsters, but it will cost us titles without a shadow of a doubt. It is of vital importance now that we take no risks when it comes to player injury....

No-one is more for developing young talent than i am, but this could end up costing us big time.

STATEMENT ON FIFA SANCTIONS

Posted on: Thu 03 Sep 2009

Chelsea Football Club has issued the following statement:

Chelsea will mount the strongest appeal possible following the decision of FIFA's Dispute Resolution Chamber over Gaël Kakuta.

The sanctions are without precedent to this level and totallydisproportionate to the alleged offence and the financial penaltyimposed.

We cannot comment further until we receive the full written rationale for this extraordinarily arbitrary decision.

The statement is in response to the following decision by FIFA's Dispute Resolution Chamber announced today (Thursday):

On the occasion of its last meeting held on 27 August 2009, theDispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) was called to pass a decision in acontractual dispute opposing the French club Lens to the French playerGael Kakuta and the English club Chelsea.

The French club had lodged a claim with FIFA seeking compensationfor breach of contract from the player and requesting also sportingsanctions to be imposed on the player and the English club for breachof contract and inducement to breach of contract respectively.

The DRC found that the player had indeed breached a contractsigned with the French club. Equally, the DRC deemed it to beestablished that the English club induced the player to such a breach.

As a result the player was condemned to pay compensation in theamount of €780,000, for which the club, Chelsea, are jointly andseverally liable, and sporting sanctions were imposed on both theplayer and Chelsea in accordance with art. 17 par. 3 and 4 of theRegulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.

A restriction of four months on his eligibility to play inofficial matches has been imposed on Kakuta. Chelsea are banned fromregistering any new players, either nationally or internationally, forthe two next entire and consecutive registration periods following thenotification of the present decision.

Furthermore, the club, Chelsea, have to pay Lens training compensation in the amount of €130,000.

http://www.chelseafc...ge/LatestNews/0,,10268~1787070,00.html

Edited by Kez

Lens presidentGervais Martel believes Fifa's decision to ban Chelsea from signing newplayers for 18 months is a fair punishment.

The Blues have been found guilty by football'sgoverning body for inducing former Lens ace Gael Kakuta to break hiscontract with the French club so he could complete a switch to StamfordBridge.

The Frenchman was only 15 when Chelsea came calling in 2007 and Lens immediately complained to Fifa.spacer.gif

Chelseaare expected to appeal the decision that currently means they will beredundant in the next two transfer windows as well as being ordered topay 130,000 euros in compensation to Lens while Kakuta must hand hisformer club 780,000 euros with the Blues jointly liable for the payment.

"Weexpected this kind of decision. The player was under contract with us,and they came and stole him away from us," Martel told AFP.

"Chelseadidn't follow the rules. They contacted the player when he wasn't even16 yet, and while he had been contracted to our training group from theage of eight.

"The financial sanction isn't over the top giventhe nature of the infringement, but it's really quite significant whenit comes to not being able to recruit players.

"It's an importantmessage given that protecting up and coming youth players who arecontracted to clubs is an issue being followed closely by (Uefapresident) Michel Platini.

Sky

Seriously, I want to fucking kill Sepp Blatter!! He's nothing but a vile most shodding unfair cunt in world football!!! Probably more of a cunt than Platini, but only by a fair margin!

I seriously hope this ban is lifted because this is just so not fair!! I'M LIVID!! :angry:

Edited by CJ Revo

When you say overaction what are you implementing? Because we have not been treated right and something has to be done about it.

And going on an internet forum, kicking and swearing is doing something about it? Chelsea are lodging an appeal, and hopefully the ban along with the fine will be reduced. It was bound to happen one day, a club caught out for taking one of these youngsters away, and it's unfortunate that it was us.

And going on an internet forum, kicking and swearing is doing something about it? Chelsea are lodging an appeal, and hopefully the ban along with the fine will be reduced. It was bound to happen one day, a club caught out for taking one of these youngsters away, and it's unfortunate that it was us.

Everyone is discussing the situation, if you dont want to discuss it dont comment.

Great!!

As if other clubs have never ever Tapped up any player before.

I always thought our transfer dealings have been risky with the ObiMikel Transfer saga, Ashley Cole Tapping up incident, also I think theMichael Woods from Leeds had an out of court settlement.

But every club does it..No Big deal.

I think the Ban will be reduced to 1 year but Its still a BIG BAN cuswe wont be able to go for players like Aguero and Ribery next summerand January Window is not very important as no top players areavailable and if they are they are cup tied.

So 18 monhts or 12 months its a Big Ban IMO.

Pros from this situation.

The Squad will be united, lots of youngsters will get a chance, ourFinances of the club will drastically improve as we are forced not tospend money next summer.

Cons

Ballack 34 next season, Deco 33, Lampard 32, Drogba 32, Anelka 31, Drogba 32, Carvalho 32.

If players like Essien, Joe Cole, Deco or others leave next year WE ARE f**ked!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gael kakuta fined 600000 euros for breach of contract is harsh. But he broke the contract he has to pay it. How he pays we dont know. I know its unfair but Mutu being asked to pay 14m is unfair to. But if youve committed a breach you gotta pay for it.

And Roma had been banned for Mexes's tranfer in 2004 i think for 18 months. They appealed and their ban got redueced to 12 months. So STOP ACTING like the world is against us.