Wilkins expects Chelsea youngsters to get Carling Cup chance

the wes

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i would play Bruma in that position instead. Either way, it's nice to hear that the youngsters will have their chance, bit, GOD DAMMNIT! Howmnay players have we loaned out this far in the season?! I bet we have no reserve players now :lol:

Matic's injured so you can take him out, Magnay is hardly good enough, while I don't think Kakuta is a head and shoulders starter by any means. Wood isn't a player. Mellis is out on loan. Meaning we don't have a midfield if you use your team.

In all the excitement, I think BlueLion has got it spot on in that only one or two will play. Ancelotti isn't going to all these reserve games for nothing, whilst i'm sure he understands the clubs desire to compete on all four fronts. I wouldn't expect a complete second line-up against QPR at all. And if anything, we can only hope Hilario starts over Turnbull

Edited by Cameron

When he says the youngsters will get a chance, I can only see one or two playing.

Yes, and possibly only 1 in the starting 11 and that would be Hutchinson providing he is fit. As i said in the reserve game thread i can only see Hutchinson, Bruma, Kakuta and Borini possibly getting a chance. I would give Borini a go because we may need the extra cover come the ACN.

It is very good news though that we are willing to give these lads a go in the Carling Cup, but i wouldn't expact anything radical.

Agreed about Borini, I'd like to see him come off the bench to play. I can see Hutchinson starting at best, maybe with Borini and Kakuta on the bench. I doubt Ancelotti would play more than a couple of youngsters in a local derby - a game we want and need to win.

Agreed about Borini, I'd like to see him come off the bench to play. I can see Hutchinson starting at best, maybe with Borini and Kakuta on the bench. I doubt Ancelotti would play more than a couple of youngsters in a local derby - a game we want and need to win.

Definately, but if we can get ourselves a nice lead using first team players and then bring on some youngsters for 30 mins or so then that is progress still. I hope they do it because some of these lads are worth a shot in the CC against lower league opposition.

Borini is the one i want to see he can be our version of pippo !

Yes, i don't think you will get much argument there. His goalscoring has been nothing short of sensational since the start of last season. He is such a hard worker too and i am sure he would do well in our first team, i think it is quite important that he get the chances so we have some additional cover when Kalou and Drogba dissapear....

4-3-2-1

-------------------------Hilario

Ivanovic-------Terry---------Alex(if fit)/Carvalho-----------Hutchinson

-----------Lampard------Mikel----------Zirkov

----------------------Sturridge----Deco/JoeCole(if fit)

--------------------------Anelka

Bench: Kakuta, Bosingwa, A.Cole, Ballack, Borini, Turnball