Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Youth 2 Nottingham Forest Youth 0

Chelsea youth played a confident game of football in the brightCobham sunshine this afternoon, beating visitors Nottingham Forest 2-0.It was the Under 18s' second competitive game of the season, thefirst home game of the campaign, and Chelsea completed a comfortablevictory with midfielder Aliu Djalo and centre-back Daniel Mills playingpivotal roles.

Chelsea's chances on goal initially began with a Daniel Philliskirk(pictured) shot from the edge of the box inside the first 10 minutes,forcing an acrobatic save from the Forest keeper.

Milan Lalkovic, Thomas Hayden and Djalo had all followedPhilliskirk's lead before the half hour mark, while Sam Walkerperformed two consecutive, close-range saves from Forest's numbers 7and 9.

As the first half drew to a close, Chelsea's early dominance wasbeginning to falter and Forest were pressuring the Blues defence.

The two best chances of the half both belonged to Forest, as theirnumber 9 first headed a shot off the crossbar before smashing a corneroff the same part of the bar with five minutes of the half to play.

Youth team manager Dermot Drummy made one change at half time,bringing Aziz-Deen Conteh on at left-back, and his half time talkseemed to spur the side back to dominating football.

Within three minutes of the restart Chelsea were in the lead. Djalosent a through-ball down the centre for Marko Mitrovic, butquick-footed Adam Phillip also closed in on the pass.

The Forest centre-back hesitated as both Blues chased the ball downand Phillip was able to snatch the pass and calmly slot into the bottomleft from just inside the box.

With the lead secured, Chelsea took control, as once again Lalkovic, Djalo and Philliskirk all forced saves.

Mitrovic came closest to increasing the lead with a glancing headerfrom a Djalo corner ball, which was narrowly tipped over the bar by theForest keeper.

Centre-back Mills, who had proved a defensive stalwart throughoutthe game, then kept Chelsea in the lead by clearing a shot off the linefrom Forest's number 9.

With five minutes left to play, Mitrovic doubled Chelsea's lead,firing home a shot from close-range after Phillip broke down the leftflank and sent a cross curling towards the near post, 2-0 Chelsea.

'I actually thought we allowed Forest to play too much today, there were too many gaps in play,' said Drummy after the game.

'But the fact that we won 2-0, obviously we are happy, we also kept a clean sheet and we have to be pleased about that.

'Lalkovic had a great second half, and Mills had a good game with very good use of the ball,' added Drummy.

Chelsea (4-3-3): Sam Walker; Billy Clifford, KennyStrickland, Danny Mills, Tom Hayden (Aziz Deen-Conteh h-t); Aliu Djalo,Adam Phillip, Conor Clifford ©; Milan Lalkovic, Marko Mitrovic, DannyPhilliskirk.

Source: Chelsea FC

@esk

the number 6 (aliu djalo), 8 (ist this conor clifford?), Aziz Deen and 11 impressed me a lot... can u tell us a bit more about them esk? looking like great prospects...

Aliu Djalo (Kaby) - Was a big name signing from Portugal a while back, had a lot of hype come with him. Has struggled to be honest and not looked like being the real deal. However seems to have improved this season a lot and may thrive playing at the top of the diamond.

Conor Clifford - Another well documented signing. Has impressed a lot since comming over to play with us. Is a tenacious box to box midfielder with a keen eye for goal (See my goal of the season vid for proof). Will be looking to cement a reserves spot this season.

Aziz Deen Conteh - Not seen too much of him yet to be honest but he looks a top player. Versatile and from a very highly rated group of players.

Milan Lalkovic (number 11) - Made his breakthrough at the tail end of last season. A kind of young Stoch, although i don't think he is quite as talented, time will tell. Seems to have pace and skill. One who will be looking to have a big season in the youth team..

@esk

conors movement, passing and bodytalk remembers me a lot of Lamps.

Aliu seems pretty good, have seen some skills of him on youtube... may be he struggled with the physical strength of england, however, remembers me a bit of mikel... good passing an technique... do you think he will come trhough the reserves this season?...

@esk

conors movement, passing and bodytalk remembers me a lot of Lamps.

Aliu seems pretty good, have seen some skills of him on youtube... may be he struggled with the physical strength of england, however, remembers me a bit of mikel... good passing an technique... do you think he will come trhough the reserves this season?...

It is easy to compare English midfielders to Lamps, the same has been said of Woods and Mellis. However i think Conor is different to Lampard in that he is more tenacious. As i said though i have only seen 1 full 90 mins of his play, and it is very hard to judge on highlights alone. I think Clifford may be ideal at the base of the diamond going forward....

I would be suprised is Kaby made the reserves this season, he needs this season to progress and impress at youth level. Like i said, this season seems to have been better for him so far and hopefully we will see the talent come out that made him such a big deal when he was signed. He has a more skill to his game that Mikel, i would say he is more like Kakuta in style.

It is easy to compare English midfielders to Lamps, the same has been said of Woods and Mellis. However i think Conor is different to Lampard in that he is more tenacious. As i said though i have only seen 1 full 90 mins of his play, and it is very hard to judge on highlights alone. I think Clifford may be ideal at the base of the diamond going forward....

I would be suprised is Kaby made the reserves this season, he needs this season to progress and impress at youth level. Like i said, this season seems to have been better for him so far and hopefully we will see the talent come out that made him such a big deal when he was signed. He has a more skill to his game that Mikel, i would say he is more like Kakuta in style.

The boy from portugal cost 5 million lol.

Connor Clifford Reminds me more of Essien/Gerrard. Good Going Forward yet a hard tackling box to Box midfielder with fire in his boots.

May be Mellis is more Lampard'ish

Connor Clifford Reminds me more of Essien/Gerrard. Good Going Forward yet a hard tackling box to Box midfielder with fire in his boots.

May be Mellis is more Lampard'ish

Yes, i would agree that Clifford probably more in the Essien mould, and can certainly score the odd screamer like Essien.

Mellis is definately more like Lamps, has that knack of popping up in the box.

@warni

havent seen much of the lad...

but if djalo progresses like this, we'll have two world Class players at youth level, kakuta and djalo...

Players which are pro's now nad which I personally rate high are:

Stoch, DiSanto, Hutchinson and Mancienne...

I would have to say that at the moment judgement has to be reserved on Djalo, if anything he has been quite dissapointing up until now.

We have a LOT of players who i highly rate who have a good chance of making at CFC, and by "making it" it doesn't mean they are going to be World Class, but potential very good squad players - Stoch, Mancienne, Di Santo, Hutchinson, Kakuta, Bertrand, Cork, Bruma, Van Aanholt, Mellis, Sinclair.......