Kalou considering options

the wes

Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou is considering his options after being offered a new deal by the Stamford Bridge outfit.

The Ivory Coast international has just 12 months remaining on his current contract and the Blues are keen to extend his stay in West London.

Kalou, who joined the Blues from Feyenoord in the summer of 2006 for an undisclosed fee, has been an important member of the squad since his arrival.

He was handed a starting role ahead of Nicolas Anelka in the victory over Sunderland with new boss Carlo Ancelotti ready to rotate his options throughout the season.

The 23-year-old's agent Jan de Visser admitted his client is in no hurry to put pen to paper and will see how the campaign pans out first.

De Visser told the Daily Star Sunday: "We will see how his position is developed and take time to make a decision."

Bad idea just sell the cunt and were the fuck is Joe cole new deal to stay at Chelsea ffs :readthemessage:

SkySports

Edited by the wes

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The boy's got talent and I think the sooner we play him as a forward rather than a winger, the better. He's very much in the Anelka mould and though he's going to be away in Africa for a few weeks I see no reason why he can't score a dozen goals for us this season.

A good squad player, but no more, and it really depresses me to see him anywhere near the starting line up. I don't rate him too highly as a football player, he's not good enough on the ball, is far too inconsistent and when given time on the ball he never makes the right decisions. He'll never become a top quality football player, and I hope in future seasons we'll have someone better on the bench to call on then him. "Anelka mould" is a very bizzare comment, they're two worlds apart and I don't see how Kalou even starts to fit in to an Anelka mould.

If I was him i'd probably sign it though, he won't get a better club than what he's at playing on a fairly regular basis.

A good squad player, but no more, and it really depresses me to see him anywhere near the starting line up. I don't rate him too highly as a football player, he's not good enough on the ball, is far too inconsistent and when given time on the ball he never makes the right decisions. He'll never become a top quality football player, and I hope in future seasons we'll have someone better on the bench to call on then him. "Anelka mould" is a very bizzare comment, they're two worlds apart and I don't see how Kalou even starts to fit in to an Anelka mould.

If I was him i'd probably sign it though, he won't get a better club than what he's at playing on a fairly regular basis.

TBH, even if he went Arsenal, at the right there is Arshavin/Eduardo/Bentner/Eboue/Diaby/Wilshere/Walcott and the left got Rosicky/Nasri/Arshavin/Diaby

Strikers got van Persie/Eduardo/Bentner....

Strange how people don't rate Kalou, If he leaves then good for him if he's going to get the playing time he deserves and fans with a brain.

the last 2 seasons he's been played out of position and he's a striker. that's his natural position and where he should play, and gladly where he plays now under Carlo because he asked him to play him as a striker.

Blue Lion is right...

@natty

absoloutly agree... i cant understand that ppl too, hes got great skills and ist pretty fast, so you def. can compare him to Anelka, plus the lad ist !!!23!!!

you could see how well he can do as a second striker / attacking Midfilder at the sunderland game... so Carlo will probably know why he want to keep him.

he's 24 now (remember the infamous party a few weeks ago :P)

People complain the squad is too old then want us to offload our younger players lol, Kalou's dribbling is fantastic, he's one of the players in the squad that can take on and beat players.

Kalou is an excellant squad player. Can really pop up with a vital goal or assist. His stats have always read pretty impressively, but he is one of those players that people tend not to get on with for some reason. I hope he signs another deal and has a very good season this time around.