Ancelotti opts out of market

the wes

Carlo Ancelotti claims he has no intention of delving back into the transfer market this summer.

The Chelsea boss has overseen a relatively quiet transfer window at Stamford Bridge, with few fresh faces added to the Blues' squad.

Russian midfielder Yuri Zhirkov remains the only notable arrival, with Ancelotti seemingly happy with those already at his disposal.

Two wins in two outings at the start of the 2009/10 campaign suggests the Italian tactician has every right to have faith in his troops, and the former AC Milan coach insists he will not be looking to conduct any more business before 5pm on 1st September.

"The book is closed," said Ancelotti.

"We have to wait one week for the end of the window, but the book is closed now.

"When I arrived in Chelsea we worked together and we took a decision together. We are not interested in players because we always thought we had a very good team.

Support

"I am the coach and I have responsibility for the technical area and the club gave me a very good team, very good players and we didn't need other players. If we took a decision to take another player, the club was ready to put money up.

"I want to say that the club have supported me and if I wanted to take other players, there was not a problem for sure. But we want to take a player we need. This is a very competitive squad in all positions of the pitch.

"Chelsea didn't win the Champions League but they were close to winning with these players and I think with these players we can win.

"If we can manage to take a little step, we can win with the same players. To win the Champions League you have to pay attention to details and have some luck.

"I am happy to train with Chelsea. Milan was a great squad, and Chelsea is the same. There is a different quality of players but the mental attitude is the same.

"I will give 100 per cent to do my best for the players and the team. I think that to take a little step we have to put our quality on the pitch in every game. I liked Chelsea's play last season but I want to do a little bit different this year."

SkySports

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The squad we have is stronger than any other in the EPL. I just hope we don't end up to regret missing out on Kun Aguero.

If only that proves to be right, because last season it certainly wasn't.

Edited by Cameron