Essien gets blogging

Alee.

Hello everyone, this is the first of a series of blogs I will be writing monthly for all the fans out there.

I get a lot of questions from people about my thoughts and what goes on behind the scenes at Chelsea FC and in my private life. Hopefully these blogs will give a glimpse of that.

This season is going to be an exciting one for me and everyone associated with Chelsea Football Club without a doubt.

I'm sure most of you are wondering why I make that claim!

Well it's because I say so…. and it's also because I have the feeling the good times are coming back.

When I talk about the good times I am referring to the back to back Premier League crowns and all the six trophies we won in three years a few years ago. I arrived after the first championship win but was part of the second one.

All the players started to feel for the good times when towards the back end of last season we got into the winning habit and remained unbeaten till the end of the season (Barcelona didn't beat us- they went through after an away draw).

That's the Chelsea we are used to and I am sure you are all used to as well. The team spirit during that era was fully established under Guus and we all wanted to win for Chelsea Football Club and ourselves.

During pre-season I could see that same desire on the faces of everyone and that's why I strongly believe there is something exciting around the corner for Chelsea Football Club.

Apart from the feeling I have, I will also say I am fully rested, fully charged and raring to go and that normally means I am in the mood for business. I am hoping to stay injury free this season, so I can contribute fully to the team.

Last season I started off with niggling injuries throughout pre-season and it all ended in tears when I got injured on international duty.

This time I have slept a lot, eaten everything mummy made for me in Ghana and I feel like I can play two games a day. In the words of James Brown: 'I feel good…- So good, So good'……..

Another reason why I am excited about this season is the new boss. We are already enjoying his company and methods. Everyone knows we have been in five Champions League semi-finals in six years and one final. We are desperate to win the biggest trophy in club football and I strongly believe our new boss can help us do it.

He has been there, done it and got the shirt for it and we are already getting the vibe from him. It's exciting - oh what a thriller it will be this season.

The squad has been together for a long time and we are all yearning and hungry for more trophies. We are ready to rock you and we hope the crowd can sing. We are the Champions at the end of the season; ENJOY THE SEASON BECAUSE WE WILL.

PS: There are some song titles in this blog - I will tell you how many next month - see if you can spot them and the song writers too.

[Click here for source]

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to know he feels that way and hopefully we'll win a couple of titles this season.

Ess has always been a mummy's boy :)

that's adorable

So's C. Ronaldo, or so some people say after he knocked down that reporter cause his mum was upset at being followed...

Maurice Edu (Rangers) "tweets" ^_^

His page got hijacked by a few idiotic Celtic fans recently getting him to say things which could have potentially got him into alot of trouble. Obviously the papers picked up on it. He came out of it ok though as he was seen as being nieve and misled.

This reminds me.....I saw something earlier today which was quite funny......Theres a thing in it about Lampard which was a bit below the belt. I'll post it up in the sports bar.