I will not Shev off

the wes

Chelsea flop Andriy Shevchenko will see out the final year of his Stamford Bridge deal after rejecting former club Dynamo Kiev.

The Ukrainian, 32, was not even on the bench for Sunday’s Community Shield victory over Manchester ­United at Wembley.

And the ex-AC Milan striker is set for another season on the sidelines under new boss Carlo Ancelotti.

But Shevchenko (right) has turned his back on the prospect of first-team football to stay in west London.

He said: “I still have a year left on my ­contract with Chelsea and I want to stay in London until it ­expires. Only God knows what’s ­going to ­happen then.”

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, lets be honest here. Sheva knows full well that he is not going to get regular starts and would likely be behind Drogba, Anelka, Kalou and Sturridge in the pecking order. To turn down the chance to play regular first team football elsewhere makes me think he wants to stay for another year here to continue to earn the high wages that he wouldn't earn anywhere near if he moved on....

i read the full article and nowhere is there a quote that says sheva has given up on first team football, so maybe we should give him a chance to perform. i actually feel that he will continue to fight for a spot and should be given a chance to prove his worth.

I dont see him play ahead of Drogba, Anelka, Sturridge and Kalou. What is more suprising is is next season is the World Cup and any other player would have gone to another club in search of First Team football. But Shevchenko wants to stay at a club where he will be playing Reserve games most of the time. All this for money.....

I dont see him play ahead of Drogba, Anelka, Sturridge and Kalou. What is more suprising is is next season is the World Cup and any other player would have gone to another club in search of First Team football. But Shevchenko wants to stay at a club where he will be playing Reserve games most of the time. All this for money.....

He is different for Ukraine, always on form and won't bother him about not playing as he is certain to start for them.

Yuri Zhirkov hopes Andriy Shevchenko stays with Chelsea to help him settle in London.

Zhirkov has grown close to Chelsea's fellow Russian-speakers Shevchenko and Branislav Ivanovic, who are helping him get over a frustrating time on the sidelines.

"Now Ivanovic and Shevchenko will return (from international duty) and cheer me up. Both don't stop joking," he said.

"If, for example, I go to a restaurant it is usually with them. But the other Chelsea players, it seems, already know about me.

"When I returned to the training ground, everyone asked how I'm doing and wished me a speedy recovery.

"And before the Community Shield, someone brought a magazine with a photo of me and Inna. It was taken for a poster of Russia players with their wives and is not supposed to be published, but it has already turned up in England somehow. After all that, they call me 'The Model'."

The model ? :blink:.....................I'm no nancy boy, but I wouldnt go that far.

From what I've seen of him he looks a brilliant prospect. Come Christmas, we'll be in full flow and having him and Joe cole fit providing the width in this diamond formation has me drooling in anticipation.