Is lack of signings good or bad

8 members have voted

1. 1. Is the lack of summer signings good or bad

• Good
    • Bad

As we kick off this season we have made 1 main signing - Yuri Zhirkov. 1 young prospect - Daniel Sturridge. And a back up keeper - Ross Turnbull.

Over the last few seasons we have not been massively active in the transfer market. Looking at our squad we have been playing with the same team pretty much for the last couple of seasons. bearing in mind that in the same period we have been behind United in the pecking order and that Liverpool finished above us, is it a good thing we have not significantly made our team stronger?

You could argue that we have a close group of players who know each other perfectly and have been very close to success over the same period. But also should we be looking to bring in new players who can make the team stronger and take us up a level?

What is your view, would you like to see us add to the squad and make it stronger for the comming season, or would you rather keep the harmony of the team and let the same players who have come so close take the final step.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally dont think its good or bad. Looking at our squad that we currently have, it is still one of the best in the world by far and if our key players stay fit we can still have a huge season. If we do sign a few more players it will add a bit more depth which is always good and we will have extra cover if ever needed. The one thing i think we are missing is that player with a bit of flair, someone who can change a game single handed.

I wasnt expecting any 'big' signings to be honest. once Abramovichs losses were made public, I could see the purse strings tightening. That said its a good thing that there are no star egos upsetting the equilibrium.

Sturridge the club have had an eye on for a season or two now. Zhirkov by all accounts will be a revelation -and according to reports -Pato to look forward to next season.

The spirit of the squad is tremendous at the moment, as was apparent at Wembley on Sunday, and any question marks will be hanging over Ancellotti as far as I'm concerned...

Good, in my opinion - United and Liverpool and Arsenal have had masses of comings and goings which will affect the team chemistry, whilst we essentially have the same squad that finished last season. Confidence in each other's ability from the players is of extreme importance, and the togetherness of the squad can win us games.