Start of the New Season!

Steve

Personally, once everyone is fit and we have got going i think our best line up is going to be:

..............................................Cech...............................................

Bosingwa.................Alex......................Terry......................A.Cole

.............................................Essien.............................................

.....................Lampard..................................Zhirkov....................

.............................................J.Cole..............................................

.................................Drogba.............Anelka.................................

For me that is the perfect balance of power and creativity and where everyone feels comfortbale, except maybe essien, but Essien is just too good of a player to leave out our best 11.

It is going to take time for the players to get used to the diamond formation, but we will get there. For me Lampard plays better comming from a bit deeper, the tip of the diamond is more suited to a J.Cole or Deco type player.

I think we are going to have a very good season, but we are going to have work on maybe quicker counter attacks because at the moment our build up play is a little slow allowing the opposition to get back and then it is harder to get through and get the oppertunities to score.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, once everyone is fit and we have got going i think our best line up is going to be:

..............................................Cech...............................................

Bosingwa.................Alex......................Terry......................A.Cole

.............................................Essien.............................................

.....................Lampard..................................Zhirkov....................

.............................................J.Cole..............................................

.................................Drogba.............Anelka.................................

For me that is the perfect balance of power and creativity and where everyone feels comfortbale, except maybe essien, but Essien is just too good of a player to leave out our best 11.

It is going to take time for the players to get used to the diamond formation, but we will get there. For me Lampard plays better comming from a bit deeper, the tip of the diamond is more suited to a J.Cole or Deco type player.

I think we are going to have a very good season, but we are going to have work on maybe quicker counter attacks because at the moment our build up play is a little slow allowing the opposition to get back and then it is harder to get through and get the oppertunities to score.

We have not even seen yuri play in a Chelsea shirt, so i dont know how you can conclude he is part of the best eleven.

We have not even seen yuri play in a Chelsea shirt, so i dont know how you can conclude he is part of the best eleven.

Purely on the basis that i am looking at fielding a team with creativity as well as strength. I want to see us put a team out with the right balance and be able to open teams up, not just put out the best 11 players we can and hope for the best. With Lampard and Essien offering the power and Zhirkov and J.Cole offering creativity i think we would see the best results.

Also i never said from day 1, i think once we have got going i think that would be the best 11 we could field.

...he scored in pre season

Is that a joke?

Personally id like us too stick with malouda for the first couple of games. After the seasons up and going i think we should play Yuri in most games to get him adapted to the league. But only when he is 100% fit.

If we play 4-4-2, we have to make adjustments to the line-up depending on what teams we're playing. Cech, Terry, Ashley Cole, Lampard and Drogba all look like being definite starters. Against strong, physical teams we will need strength at the back, so we could play Alex and Ivanovic, whilst against teams that like to play more-attacking football, such as Portsmouth, you need the likes of Carvalho and Bosingwa who have pace and like to go forward. The options we have make this season a very exciting prospect.

Is that a joke?

Personally id like us too stick with malouda for the first couple of games. After the seasons up and going i think we should play Yuri in most games to get him adapted to the league. But only when he is 100% fit.

that was in response to "He hasn't played in a Chelsea shirt" actually -_-

I don't see why we can't just switch with flo mo and zhirkov, both could even play at the same time depending on Ashleys fitness etc and if he gets injured.

we should play zhirkov loads like we did with bossingwa, if he has trouble adapting he could turn into a liability but because he's russian I don't think we'll have any problems Arshavin style haha (that's a joke)