Is Ancelotti mad?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, how about this

"Alonso and Mascherano have no price" - Rafa (Alsonso later goes to RM)

"I wouldn't sell them a Virus" in regards to RM by Ferguson (80Million and off to Spain)

"I did not see it" (just for jokes)

people say things in conferences but why believe them is all I'm getting to really

Source..? I'm sure if that happened BBC would make it headline news.. They jump on such things.. Maybe you misunderstood it

No misunderstanding, I watched the interview too. He definitely said "no more signings this summer" but as Esk points out, Ancelloti is known for the odd porky.

No more signings, says Ancelotti

Manager Carlo Ancelotti claims Chelsea have finished their business in the summer transfer window. The Blues have made just three signings with Ross Turnbull, Daniel Sturridge and Yuri Zhirkov moving to Stamford Bridge.

They have also been linked consistently with AC Milan's Andrea Pirlo as well as Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery.

However, as Chelsea prepare for their Community Shield showdown with Manchester United on Sunday, Ancelotti has confirmed there are no plans to add to the squad before the transfer window closes.

"Now we stay with the players I've got. I don't want to take other players because the squad is very competitive," said Ancelotti.

"We don't need other players and I don't expect to make any more signings before the window shuts."

Edited by ChelseaBoi

Considering the situation at Real, in which a whole bunch of quality players have been transfer listed, it seems a bit insane we are not moving in on the cheap to get a marquee signing from there. Frankly I don't understand why we didn't swoop on Sneijder and Robben and tried to get cut prices on them. I mean if we could resign Robben for half of what we sold him for it would be a damn nice little piece of business.

On the other hand I think we have a great squad, the only squad in the top 4 not unsettled by big players moving. I think if Carlo gets his team selection and tactics right for the right teams then we should win the PL.

Carlo is the new Scolari!

Usually i am the first to bag Ancelotti, But i don't think lack of signings are his fault! Sure bringing in shit players are, but not landing his targets are not up to him.

Real Madrid have thrown the transfer market into an absolute frenzy! I mean Bayern wan't 100million for Franck Ribery!!!!! WTF has he done in his career to be worth 100mil??? Last year i think somebody would have got him for 30-45 million MAX! But now it's become a joke! I don't blame Roman for not wanting to dish out that kind of doe. After what happend with Sheva, I really don't blame him!

I would pay 30 million for Aguero and probably 40 million for Pato, Just because they are still very young! Pirlo, even though i have my doubt's would only be worth 10-15 million. Anything more than that is a joke.