Ferreira has Chelsea future

Should we keep Paulo Ferreira?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should we let Paulo stay at the Bridge?

• Yes, he's a model professional
    • No, sell him on, he isn't needed

FERREIRA HAS Chelsea FUTURE

Click for source.

Chelsea defender Paulo Ferreira is confident he has a future at Stamford Bridge having held talks with new boss Carlo Ancelotti.

Ferreira featured in only a handful of matches for Blues last season under Luiz Felipe Scolari and Guus Hiddink, with a knee injury sustained in March ruling him out of the closing weeks of the season.

The Portugal international full-back is now working his way back to full fitness and has been told he remains part of Ancelotti's plans.

Ferreira, signed by Jose Mourinho from Porto for £13.2million in 2004, held talks with the Italian following his appointment this summer and is determined to fight for a place in the starting XI.

He said: "It was important to me that the manager rated me.

"Ancelotti has told me that he has confidence in me and I will be part of his plans.

"I want to forget last season because I am focusing on being fit for the start of this season and I believe I will be at my best by September.

"No-one can doubt my commitment, I will always give 100 per cent but if you're not 100 per cent then you can't help the team and that was my problem last season."

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to think so. He's a great team player... doesn't moan, just gets on with playing when he is needed. He isn't world class but certainly puts in a good shift when called upon.

In my eyes, he has a future here. Limited I know, but still he can play a part.

Yeah, keep holding onto these old legs and that would fuck off players like Hutchinson and Mancienne.

Where are we going to play him. We already have Belleti, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Manicenne, Terry, Alex, Carvalho, Cole, Hutchinson(performed reaslly well), even Zirkov woould play wingback if needed. Why would we need Ferriera?

I am actually beginning to wonder if we are atall going to sell anyone this season...