Nemanja Matic

the wes

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He currently plays in the Slovakian league and my Slovakian friends had different views. One told me he was just an average player with an average talent and the others said his talent was massive and was just like Riquelme.

The biggest 2 clubs from old Yugoslavia knocked him out when he was young...Partizan Belgrade and red Star Belgrade.....now he is in Slovakia...but I don't think that he will becoume that great!!

This seems like a bizzare signing. From the videos he looks good, and from what ive seen on him elsewhere on the internet, he looks like a Kaka type player, but being played as a deep play maker like Pirlo...Seems to me like Ancelotti had something to do with this...Maybe we will get rid of Deco and Beletti and we need a player to fill our reserves...Because he's too old for any youth teams.

MFK Kosice have told skysports.com that they have not received a bid from Chelsea for starlet Nemanja Matic.

The Serbian midfielder, who was being tracked by a host of clubs, stated earlier this month that he had agreed terms for a move to Stamford Bridge.

However, the Slovakian outfit have confirmed that no deal is currently in place with the English giants.

"We have not received an official offer from Chelsea," Kosice's head of football development Allen Bulaspacer.gif told skysports.com.

"No talks have taken place between MFK Kosice and Chelsea FC.spacer.gif

"We are still trying to find out whether there is any truth in the reports that Matic had agreed a contract with Chelsea."

• 3 weeks later...

BELGRADE - Premier League giants Chelsea are poised to sign talented Serbian youngster Nemanja Matic from Slovakian club Kosice within days, the player said in a report here Wednesday.

‘The London club are very interested about seeing me in their ranks this summer,’ the 20-year-old midfielder was quoted as telling the Serbian daily Press.

‘I’ve left the whole matter up to my agents. The talks are being conducted on a daily basis and I think that everything will soon be finished.

‘All in all, there’s a bid possibility that I’ll become a Chelsea player in the next few days,’ he said.

Matic, who has represented Serbia at the youth level, added that other clubs including Middlesbrough had been keen on signing him but that Chelsea was the most attractive option.

‘It’s important that my club Kosice, where I won recognition as a player, is satisfied,’ the 20-year-old told Press.

‘I have a contract with them for another one-and-a-half years and I hope that it will end in the best possible way.’

Certainly seems almost done, would expect it to be all tied up by the weekend. I wonder what role he will have to play? Comes across as the sort of deep lying playmaker that Ancelotti likes. But being a younger player would surely find it hard to break into the team.

Also if that is the case seems a little harsh on Jack Cork who is our own homegrown defensive midfielder who has been impressive on all his loan spells.

Certainly seems almost done, would expect it to be all tied up by the weekend. I wonder what role he will have to play? Comes across as the sort of deep lying playmaker that Ancelotti likes. But being a younger player would surely find it hard to break into the team.

Also if that is the case seems a little harsh on Jack Cork who is our own homegrown defensive midfielder who has been impressive on all his loan spells.

totally agree :tiphat:

I am a very very big fan of Chelsea signing youngsters. Our scouts get paid a big wedge and they get that money because they know their stuff, in my opinion they potentially saved us 20 million on kakuta and maybe 15 mill on stoch if they both carry on their development. Sturridge was signed for 5 mill which is a bargain and this matic could be signed soon together with mikel obi we look like we are seeing the Chelsea of the future.

Badboy, does that mean you see him as a replacement to Lampard, cause i would rather have Mellis or Cork or Taiwo

I think Matic is more a holding midfielder than an attacking midfielder. Not knowing much about him i can't comment too much but i would think it would be very dissapointing to see Matic come in and ruin any chance of Jack Cork comming through.

Mellis could be a long term replacement for Lampard definately. Taiwo won't make it at CFC....

@esk

yea i cant belive they're doing this to cork, hes with us since he was 9! 11 Years now, has always impressed and was captain i think in de U17 U19 and at Chelsea, maybe matic is a good player but we have a good player from our own ranks so why pay that much money?

Badboy, does that mean you see him as a replacement to Lampard, cause i would rather have Mellis or Cork or Taiwo

Mellis is more of a lampard type player. Cork is a player who has great awareness, i watched his loan spell at watford and he had so much time on the ball. I think cork can break through, the only worrying thing with cork is he is 20 and he is lacking any premiership expierence. I rate cork better than man utd's darren gibson but gibson has had plenty of premiership expierence. This matic fella looks like he can pass a football from deep with good vision and i say if we get him with sturridge we have 2 players the scouts think will do a mikel in future.

The club’s hierarchy are currently discussing when would be the best time for Matic, who represented Serbia during the recent European under-21 championships in Sweden, and impressed before getting injured, to arrive at Stamford Bridge. Talks are ongoing with his clubs, MFK Kosice who play in Slovakia.

It had been thought that Matic would arrive this summer but Chelsea coach Carlo Ancelotti is unsure that the 20-year-old would be afforded any first-team opportunities and so may wait until the next transfer window. The deal has been brokered by the Serbian agent Vlado Lemic who is close to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.

Matic has agreed terms on a four-year deal and is an attacking midfielder who has also been included in his country’s senior squad. Recently he spoke of his delight at the prospect of joining Chelsea with club sources now confirming that a deal has been agreed with Kosice.

While Matic is an exciting prospect, Chelsea supporters will be concerned that the club has not – yet – signed any more established names this summer. However efforts are still being made to add to Ancelotti’s squad despite the Italian stating he is happy to compete with the players he has currently at his disposal.

telegraph

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You