OFFICIAL: Sturridge secures Blues deal

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Turnbull and Sturridge have come across very good so far. Sturridge is an exciting prospect because he has a lot of ability, now it is down to the club and Ancelotii to harness and develop that ability to make him a very important player for us.

Both Turnbull and Sturridge have come across very good so far. Sturridge is an exciting prospect because he has a lot of ability, now it is down to the club and Ancelotii to harness and develop that ability to make him a very important player for us.

I'm not sure Ancelotti is too good at realizing good youth prospects though. Sure, Pato was an exception, but look what he did with Gourcuff. He chose to play Seedorf instead and just dumped Gourcuff off to some French club. He also brought in players who are well past their prime (Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, Beckham) and really never wanted to refresh the squad of all its aging players.

I'm not sure Ancelotti is too good at realizing good youth prospects though. Sure, Pato was an exception, but look what he did with Gourcuff. He chose to play Seedorf instead and just dumped Gourcuff off to some French club. He also brought in players who are well past their prime (Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, Beckham) and really never wanted to refresh the squad of all its aging players.

I don't think much of that was down to Ancelotti at all. But he has allowed Pato to become a truly top class player in europe in a very short space of time.....

At the end of the day the club want to very much bring through our own talent as well and introduce young players from other clubs. So this will be part of what the club have told Ancelotti is expected of him as Chelsea manager.

This player has grown on me. He actually took a pay cut to come to Chelsea. This should be a lesson enough for the likes of Tevez, Barry and the likes who go to Man City, knowing they wont be playin Champions Leage. And, something our Captain can learn from. Dont be lured by money.....

Got a lot of respect to the man for that

This player has grown on me. He actually took a pay cut to come to Chelsea. This should be a lesson enough for the likes of Tevez, Barry and the likes who go to Man City, knowing they wont be playin Champions Leage. And, something our Captain can learn from. Dont be lured by money.....

Agreed, to have such a mindset at his age is pretty amazing.

And the fact that he took a pay cut to come to club like Chelsea which has a great record of blooding youngsters in the first team, gotta say the Boy has balls. :P

I think he see's drogba and anelka's age getting the better of them sooner rather than later. Plus he see's a striker in (di santo) who is very different to him in style and thinks he can strike a partnership with him in the future. It will be very interesting to compare di santo and sturridge with macheda and welbeck next season who will get more games ?