Philippe Mexes

the wes

CARLO ANCELOTTI has put Philippe Mexes on top of his Chelsea hitlist to replace Ricardo Carvalho. </h2> Roma are willing to do business for the centre-back at around £12million.

Boss Ancelotti, a former Roma player, knows the Italians need to cash in after failing to qualify for the Champions League.

Frenchman Mexes, 27, has been one of Italy's top defensive imports since he signed from Auxerre in 2004 for £5m.

And he fits into Ancelotti's plans after Carvalho made it clear he wants out of Stamford Bridge.

Carvalho, 31, accused Chelsea of not giving him enough support when he had a knee injury last season and wants to team up with ex-Blues boss Jose Mourinho at Inter.

Inter owner Massimo Moratti confirmed he has opened negotiations with Chelsea for Carvalho at Mourinho's request.

Edited by the wes

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't think he'd displace Alex. Especially with Alex's performances last season. He'd be a good buy if we're able to get him, but if he feels he'll not get regular first team football, then I don't think he'll want to come.

Didnt we really fuck him off during the Chelsea V Roma Chamions League match (sorry had to mention it), i cant remember what happened but i remember not only being annoyed at the defeat but at Mexes. Would be a decent signing though, not a particularly young new signing but we need a mix of age and experience. Although i would like to see Mancienne finally given a chance, we suck at bringing youth players up, because we have one very wealthy inpatient Russian who cant wait for success to grow or plan for the future.

Agreed. We have a great defence as it is, Including the best left back in the world.

but we may lose one of the best in bosingwa and carvalho is probably headed to inter, so i'd say we need to sign at least one defender (preferably that can play CB and RB). haven't really watched mexes that much so i really don't know if he's the answer, but i just don't want to go thin at the back again and see essien at CB like a couple years past.

When R we gonna let Mancienne Play if we keep buying expensive Defenders to bench them.

The transfer policy is sending the Club's Finances to dogs.

As if he Glenn Honson transfer wasnt enough this is another nonsense Transfer arising....

but we may lose one of the best in bosingwa and carvalho is probably headed to inter, so i'd say we need to sign at least one defender (preferably that can play CB and RB). haven't really watched mexes that much so i really don't know if he's the answer, but i just don't want to go thin at the back again and see essien at CB like a couple years past.

Why sign a defender when we alraedy have Ivanovic and Mancienne? I cant understand why we would even waste time with this one? Would do nothing but disrupt a lot of good players that we already have like Alex, Ivanovic and Mancienne.

• 1 month later...

The Giallorossi will shortly have another mega-money bid on their hands for their star centre-back...

Despite Luciano Spalletti's declaration that Philippe Mexes would be staying put at Trigoria, the Giallorossi's management could be tempted by a bid from Carlo Ancelotti's Chelsea.

According to 4-4-2.com, Ancelotti wants Mexes to partner John Terry in central defence this season and is willing to pay €14m plus Portuguese international Ricardo Carvalho for the Frenchman.

Carvalho was linked with a move to Inter earlier this summer as Jose Mourinho looked to bring the 31-year-old to San Siro along with Deco, but the Nerazzurri were priced out of a move.

The German website also suggests that, should Carvalho be unwilling to move to Rome, the Blues could use Jose Bosingwa as a makeweight instead. However, this would leave three centre-halves competing for two places and neither Mexes nor Carvalho would be content with a place on the bench.

Another problem for Chelsea is the salary of any player they would use in exchange, as that player would be earning considerably less at Stadio Olimpico than at Stamford Bridge. One way round the problem would be for Chelsea to continue to pay a percentage of the player's salary, but Roman Abramovich has been attempting to cut costs at Chelsea this summer and is unlikely to look favourably on such a solution.

Alllsssoooo. Remember playing Roma in the Champions League...Didnt JT and this guy have a little scap when either of them went forward for corners...I dont think JT would WANT to be partnering this num nuts. No thank you!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You