Drogba and Bosingwa's bans reduced

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last two games of Drogba's ban and the last game of Bosingwa's are suspended for two years.

Can you explain more into that? I don't really understand, so do they both have to serve the ban for two years?

Can you explain more into that? I don't really understand, so do they both have to serve the ban for two years?

In theory in two years time Drogba and Bosinwa will be suspended again. However, this hardly ever goes through and will probably be cleared. But, since this is UEFA and Chelsea they might just enforce these.

In theory in two years time Drogba and Bosinwa will be suspended again. However, this hardly ever goes through and will probably be cleared. But, since this is UEFA and Chelsea they might just enforce these.

Platini is probably saving those bans for if we play Barcelona again.

I dont know about the appeal,one sense makes sense in another cant they prolong the ban?Swear that happened before a player got a red card appealed and got a furthur game ban..and UEFA are just mean!

I was always tought that respect is to be earned.

Exactly and works both ways.How can we respect a ref who completly fucked everything up and everyone else also around is also saying he fucked it up?

Edited by Laylabelle

• 4 weeks later...

UEFA reduce Drogba & Bosingwa's bans

UEFA.com

Drogba, Bosingwa appeals verdicts

The UEFA Appeals Body has announced its verdicts, following appeals lodged by Chelsea FC striker Didier Drogba and defender José Bosingwa against sanctions imposed by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body last month, in the wake of incidents occurring at the UEFA Champions League semi-final second leg between Chelsea and FC Barcelona in London on 6 May.

Appeals Body verdicts

Under the UEFA Appeals Body's verdicts, Drogba will be suspended for five UEFA club competition matches – the last two of which will be deferred for a probationary period of three years – and has been fined €15,000. Bosingwa will be suspended for three UEFA club competition matches, the last of which is deferred for a probationary period of three years, and fined €10,000.

Principles of sportsmanship

Drogba and Bosingwa faced charges of being in breach of the principles of sportsmanship by insulting the referee by making offensive comments. Drogba's suspension applies to the next three UEFA club competition matches for which the player would be eligible, while Bosingwa's ban applies to the next two UEFA club competition games for which the player would be eligible.

Chelsea fine confirmed

The €100,000 fine imposed against Chelsea by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body remains confirmed (as the club withdrew their appeal), for the improper conduct of their players and the throwing of missiles by their supporters at the match against Barcelona, which ended in a 1-1 draw.

Edited by milan.cech

I'm glad UEFA have seen (some) sense and reduced the bans, but the wrong party is still being punished. I can only think all the injustice Chelsea have suffered over the years in Europe is going to bite Platini hard on the backside when Abramovich finally gets his hands on the trophy.