Ric carves up Blues

RICARDO Carvalho has launched a stinging attack on Chelsea and accused them of abandoning him while he was injured.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; } The Blues defender is set to move to Inter Milan along with team-mate Deco, with the Portuguese pair desperate to link up with former boss Jose Mourinho.

But despite enjoying a trophy-laden five years at Stamford Bridge, Carvalho insists the club deserted him last season when he needed them most.

“I’ve been at Chelsea for five years, and four of them were very good, but this last season I spent a lot of time out injured,” said Carvalho who made just 11 league starts last term.

“With the possibility of me going to Inter, I think it’s a good opportunity for me and for the club. It’s a new challenge and I’d like to play in Italy.

“This last year I was injured a lot. I wasn’t happy and Chelsea can’t have been happy with my contribution.

“Furthermore, when I was injured the club should have given me more support. They should have helped me more, especially given my past four years at Chelsea.

“Their attitude disappointed me a little. I believe my time at Chelsea has come to an end and I’m very happy a big club like Inter are interested in me.”

Inter president Massimo Moratti claims the Italian champions are on the verge of signing both players.

And Carvalho admits he would love rejoin the manager who signed him for Chelsea in 2004. Under Mourinho, Carvalho won back-to-back Premier League titles, two FA Cups and two League Cups.

“Mourinho’s a coach who knows me better than anybody,” said Carvalho. “Together we won big trophies. He’s an ambitious coach and a perfectionist.

“Let’s see if the clubs can reach an agreement. I’d love to work with Jose Mourinho again.”

While Carvalho has been a big hit at Stamford Bridge following his £20m move from Porto, Deco has been a flop after joining for £8m from Barcelona last summer.

But Moratti said: “Mourinho has asked us for Deco and Carvalho and we are working towards making him happy. Our wish is to sign both players and I have seen that the players’ intention is to join us.

“Our coach has guaranteed quality and I have every intention to make him happy.

“We still haven’t reached an agreement with Chelsea but I think we will do in a short time.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/8...arves-up-Blues/

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck him! He's just pissed that Alex took his place. Lets clean out the dead wood! Carvalho, Deco, Miniero and Kalou. We could probably get enough to sign a half decent player for all them..... Or offer them as a package deal plus cash for Ibra.

Edited by gary gordon

Shame, Riccy is a Chelsea legend, and if he goes then I wish him good luck. Its not nice to read that article after he has been so magnificent for us, but if thats how he feels, then its best he does go now.

he hardley carved us up lmao, hes still a legend.

I couldny agree more, I think its more those scumbag journos making bollocks up to sell papers. He is an absolute legend in every right and if he does leave then I wish him all the best.

Agree with what he's saying, in honesty - he could have made a bigger contribution BUT the medical team suggested that giving Carvalho time to fully overcome his injury would be of greater benefit in the future. I think moving to Serie A, where the tempo is slightly less than the Premier League, would be a great move for Ricardo, who will always be a Chelsea legend.