January's coming...

yes the AFRICAN nations cup ...remember 2 years ago .

we can expect to be without Drogba ,Kalou , Mikel and Essien .....we will need back up ..

AND good luck avoiding injuries ....not our speciality...

just thought Id cheer everyone up B)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only 2 we would miss are Mikel and Essien, both can play in the defensive midfield role, when they are both missing there's nobody better

Actually, when those 2 are missing there is no-body to play the role. Ballack can be a temporary cover but not ideal. Jack Cork could be a young option, but again not ideal. Could be we are going to bring in another midfielder this summer who can play the holding role effectively.

Kalou will not be a huge miss, he has been very much on the fringe and there is a small possibility he may not even be here next season. Drogba will be a much bigger miss, but we have Anelka and more than likely we will be bringing in another striker this summer so we will have the cover there.

The ACN is a massive pain in the backside to clubs that have a number of Africans in their teams.

Belletti would be the next in line i suppose after Essien and Mikel but whether he's here next season is another question. Mancienne maybe after that as a defensive option.

Yup, Mancienne another who can play that position. I would be suprised if Belletti was still here next season to be honest. The sort of player we should definately be moving on to allow our squad to improve...

Fuck the African Cup of Nations, Its the biggest load of shit ever, and only us and Arsenal seem to be effected badly from it.

Why can't UEFA have some of the World Cup qualification matches during these weekends aswell?

Because that would be quite logical...

Seriously has come around quick!Last time werent to bad though,just random cup games it seems that and everyone seemed get knocked out and come back early

Edited by Laylabelle

Fuck the African Cup of Nations, Its the biggest load of shit ever, and only us and Arsenal seem to be effected badly from it.

Why can't UEFA have some of the World Cup qualification matches during these weekends aswell?

So the European Championships are a load of shit aswell then are they? Fair enough it's not exactly at the best time of a season but it's always been like that since i remember

At the moment our midfield looks like:

Lampard, Essien, Mikel, Ballack. Belleti and Deco look destined to leave.

We definately need to buy another Midfielder. Mancienne could also play as a holding midfielder.

In the strikers department we have Anelka, Di Santo, Pato/Aguero. ;)...Sell off Kalou....

why is a load of shit?

hey lets just get rid of the african cup of nations and africa itself for Chelsea and and arsenal..... <_<

Maybe I am cynical but I presume the idea is somebody in Europe might actually watch the Africa cup of nations if it has its own slot, if UEFA world cup qualifiers were on at the same time I am sure not even Eurosport would buy the TV rights.

I think the main reason the ACON is played in January is something to do with the weather. I might be wrong, but playing football in Africa in the middle of the summer might not be a good idea.

It might be the winter in Egypt in January, but I'm sure yougs will tell you its quite the opposite in Cape Town ;)