Young or Zhirkov

It is understood that Ancelloti has intimated the club that he wants to sign Ashley Young(according to THE SUN ofcourse)

If Young comes in, we will have him on the left wing. May be we are selling off Malouda in the summer.

But the Club themselves have showed interest in Zirkov for a while. Who is another bright talent.

The advatage with Zirkov is that he could be a back up for Cole if Cole gets injured as he plays as a wingback as well.

I would personally prefer Zirkov, but Ashley Youngs experience in the league makes him the front runner. It seems the price tag for Young is 18 million pounds.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

malouda aint goin no where.

we need a few young players and a big money drogba replacment (if drogba leaves)

other than that we should have been in the champions legaue final & winning the leauge (minus scolari) so why do we need to go crazy with the signings apart from bringing in youth.

malouda aint goin no where.

we need a few young players and a big money drogba replacment (if drogba leaves)

other than that we should have been in the champions legaue final & winning the leauge (minus scolari) so why do we need to go crazy with the signings apart from bringing in youth.

Because with the passing of every year people become old. And yeah,we should have and we could have. Look to the future and get over the past.

The club will most certainly be looking to bring up the English quota in the club. Especially with the Premier League looking to adopt a "homegrown" quota similar to the UEFA one, and FIFA trying to force through and even tougher one. So i would not be suprised at all to see us sign players like Young and Sturridge, and trying to include players like Mancienne, Cork and Bertrand more in the squad.

I would say Ashley Young because he's English and knows how to cross a ball

But then again I would say Yuri Zhirkov because he's a lot quicker than Young and can also cross a ball

I wouldn't get both players though, one or the other for me

Zirkov is more adaptable and would become another Belletti imo. Young on the otherhand can only really play in one position.

English players are always going to cost more money, so if things are as tight as they appear then Zirkov would be the obvious choice if I had to pick one.

Zhirkov for me, will cost much less than Ashley Young, is more versatile, played more internationals and just looks a better player. Would prefer Ribery over both of these players but I guess I can dream on

Why not get both of them, having wingers who are dangerous is vital to our formation (which will more than likely stay the same next season). J.Cole, Young, Zirkov & (Malouda, Stoch, Sinclair, Kalou????)

How can we have them both. Ashley young for 18 million and Zirkov for 15M. Its expensive. Its possible but we will be wasting an expensive signing on the bench.

Id say, Keep Malouda and Buy Zirkov and sell Ferriera. This way we can have a back up on the left wing and for right wing we can have Joe Cole and Stoch as his back up.

Advantage with Ashley Young is, he wouldnt take time to adapt to the premier league and can play on either wings whereas Zirkov can only play on the left.

OR

Sell, Malouda and Ferriera and as Esk said buy both Young and Zirkov. This way Zirkov can compete with Ashley Cole for the left back position. And also be a back up for Young.

Edited by warnie_666

For me I just dont really see the need to sell too many players, or to bring in too many. Zhirkov would be a great signing, and then a new secong choice keeper, a fresh face in the midfield to replace Deco and maybe one other, wide player or striker, cant really see the need to bring anyone else in.

Id say, Keep Malouda and Buy Zirkov and sell Ferriera. This way we can have a back up on the left wing and for right wing we can have Joe Cole and Stoch as his back up.

Paulo's out injured until October the last I looked, so the chances of selling him on in the summer are practically zero.