Chelsea vs Barcelona

My hands are ice cold and shaking in this 35 deg Celcius temperature.. I kid you not..

Come On Chelsea..

Just to get you all pumped up a bit..

Theyve put a block on Youtube at work -cnuts. Deep breaths mate, in Guss we Trust- Could do with some of that heat Aroop...

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theyve put a block on Youtube at work -cnuts. Deep breaths mate, in Guss we Trust- Could do with some of that heat Aroop...

Honestly Greg, I wonder how you've through all these years of football related stress, the Ups and downs you've seen at the bridge far outweigh most of ours put together lol..

Your astute sense of humour must come in handy..

Guss is the man..

anyways G, here's the text version of Al Pacino's talk..

I don't know what to say really. Three minutes till the biggest battle of our professional lives. It all comes down to today. Now either we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play, till we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of hell. One inch at a time. Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces, and I think... I mean I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me, and lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know when you get old in life, things get taken from you. That's part of life. But you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out life's this game of inches. And so is football. Because in either game, life or football, the margin for error is so small. I mean... one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow too fast, you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team, we fight for that inch. On this team, we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the fucking difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this - in any fight, its the guy whose willing to die who's gonna win that inch. And I know if I'm going to have any life anymore, it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch. Because that's what living is! The 6 inches in front of your face...

Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think you're gonna see a guy who will go that inch with you. You're gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it, you're gonna do the same for him.

That's a team, gentlemen. And either we heal, now, as a team, or we will die, as individuals. That's football, guys. That's all it is. Now, what are you going to do?

Honestly Greg, I wonder how you've through all these years of football related stress, the Ups and downs you've seen at the bridge far outweigh most of ours put together lol..

Your astute sense of humour must come in handy..

Guss is the man..

anyways G, here's the text version of Al Pacino's talk..

Cheers for that A. Inspiring talk by Pacino.

Gus at Half Time

:lol::lol::lol:

I just hope the Referee doesn't fuck us over... cos then Tony Montana will be really pissed..

I think the refs Mr Herring from Norway -never reffed Chelsea but one month ago, he umpired a game that ended 5-2 against Lyon. He demonstrated the kind of neutrality for which Barcelona are hoping by showing 6 yellow cards to Lyon and one to Barcelona (Thierry Henry), sending of Lyon`s Juninho in the91st minute.

And this is for our lads. Dont ever let the media or others tell us we cannot do something.

Our dream is that trophie lets go get it.

Edited by STEV3O

I think the refs Mr Herring from Norway -never reffed Chelsea but one month ago, he umpired a game that ended 5-2 against Lyon. He demonstrated the kind of neutrality for which Barcelona are hoping by showing 6 yellow cards to Lyon and one to Barcelona (Thierry Henry), sending of Lyon`s Juninho in the91st minute.

Lol, bloody hell. Not suprised that Platini and his cronies have managed to give Barca exactly what they wanted..... looks like their whinging paid off.

We need to get at them straight away and get a quick goal and put them under real pressure.

Lol, bloody hell. Not suprised that Platini and his cronies have managed to give Barca exactly what they wanted..... looks like their whinging paid off.

We need to get at them straight away and get a quick goal and put them under real pressure.

2 goals preferably ! They will be off to a flyer as well I suspect. On Platini did you see him checking out that girls arse in the first leg ?

Ruud Gullit is right about the first leg........

“It has nothing to do with 'anti-football', it has to do with surviving. It would have been better to have played like Real Madrid? That's ridiculous. Why should you do exactly what Barcelona want? You want to do something different that they can't cope with. I compare it with the biggest moment in sport, Muhammad Ali in Africa.”

“The best fighter ever had a totally different strategy to normal, just defence, defence - and won the fight. If the greatest boxer can do that and be great because of that, why should Chelsea just collaborate with a spanking? It's ridiculous. Therefore their tactics were spot-on."

The last couple of days has seen a turnaround from the press and us receiving a lot of praise from the media. I think a lot of that has to do with the constant moaning from the Barca camp. But they are right, we set out to do a job in Barca and did it! Now all we have to do is win a game over 90 minutes at home.....

I have a feeling it is going to be another amazing match where it will be end to end stuff. We HAVE to get at their defence and we will do, at the same time we have to stay tight at the back. I think we will see Anelka Drogba and Malouda as the front 3 with Mikel Essien and Lampard in midfield. Essien and Mikel both sitting deeper allowing lamps to support Didier.

it really pisses me off!!!

No matter who do i talk to-everyone thinks Chelsea is a underdogs.Everyone praise this fucking barca with their homo-team.

maybe it's even better to keep that low profile.

It is incredible to think that this is our 5th Semi Final in 6 years:

2008/2009 - v Barcelona - ?????

2007/2008 - v Liverpool - Won

2006/2007 - v Liverpool - Lost

2005/2006 - Knocked out first qualifying round by Barcelona

2004/2005 - v Liverpool - Lost

2003/2004 - v Monaco - Lost

Can we follow United and make it 2 finals in a row???? I think we will but i also think it is going to be a tough and emotional game just like all the other Semi finals we have played in!!!

Can't fucking wait. So nervous, but I believe our boys won't disappoint!

I had a dream tonight, where we won 2-1 after 2 late goals by Drogba. Messi scored early on first half. But in some reason our manager was José.

i find this interesting

The last season real Madrid won the champions league was 2001-2002.

2002-2003: Real is eliminated by Juve, The team that eliminated Juve, in this case AC Milan wins the Tournament.

2003-2004: Monaco Eliminates Real Madrid, the team that eliminated Monaco, in this case FC Porto wins the Torunament.

2004-2005: Juventus eliminates Real Madrid, the team that eliminated Juventus, in this case Liverpool wins the Tournament.

2005-2006: Arsenal eliminates Real Madrid, the team that eliminated Arsenal, in this case Barcelona wins the Torunament

2006-2007: Bayern Munich eliminates Real Madird, the team that Eliminated Bayern Munich, in this case AC Milan wins the tournament.

2007-2008: Roma Eliminates Real Madrid, the team that eliminated Roma, in this case Man Utd wins the tournament.

So for 6 seasons in a rwo, the team that eliminated the team which kicked out Real Madrid, wins the Tournament.

If this happens again in 08-09 season, the team that eliminated Real was Liverpool, we eliminated Liverpool, which should mean if the Jinx continues, that this season is Chelsea's Champions League

I am a fan on that statstic.

This is my most antcipated Chelsea game, For all of today a second didn't pass where I didn't think about it, Really hope we can do it

We'll line out with

GK: Cech

RB: Bosingwa

CB: Terry

CB: Alex

LB: A. Cole

DM: Essien

CM: Lampard

CM: Ballack

RAM: Anelka

ST: Drogba

LAM: Malouda