Chelsea's Frank Lampard: This Is My Best Season Yet

Kajo

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/04/...best-season-yet

The England international midfielder believes he has produced the best form of his career over the course of the 2008-09 campaign...

46974_news.jpg

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard believes that, on a personal level, he is enjoying the best season of his career to date.

The 30-year-old has scored 19 goals in 49 appearances for the Blues, weighing in with 11 assists.

It is also claimed that the England international has created almost double the number of chances, 131, that Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard (70) has, creating a Premier League record in the process.

The former West Ham United star is playing in his tenth full season as a first-team member, and he feels that the experience he has acquired to date will only help him improve year on year.

"I think, personally, it has been my best season," Lampard is quoted as saying by The Sun.

"Over the course of the season different things have cropped up and, as a group, we've had some ups and downs, as you have seen.

"But, personally, I'm very pleased with the way I've been playing. Hopefully my 30s can be my best years.

"I'm more experienced, more aware of how to play the game and how to manage myself in between games. I'm very pleased with the way I'm playing."

Lampard also believes that a slight adjustment of his position in the Chelsea midfield, as well as a modification of his own game, has allowed him to hit peak form.

""I've got 19 goals so far and hope to get 20-odd again. But I'm getting more assists, for sure," he explained.

"In the last few games the manager has given me a licence to play much nearer Didier Drogba. And that's what I mean when I talk about experience.

"People used to joke about me hitting shots from all over the pitch and when you're younger you do try a lot of things.

"But now I'm looking for the right moment to slip people in and the right moment to score. I'm pleased with the way I've been assisting people.

"If you can make two assists — like I did at Wembley on Saturday against Arsenal — you don't get the glory of scoring the goal.

"But you do get the glory of winning the game."

Edited by Kajo

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its ridiculous how he's not even nominated for PFA player of the year!

Exactly , this PFA Player nominations it's such a bollocks. If i remember there's 4 or 5 nominated MU player it's fuc***g ridiculous ,they r on 1st place but they mostly got more lucky than skills wining throug few games only 1-0 and now they got massive problems with Porto on the own pitch. Where is JT ? Lampard ?? and League top scorer Anelka ?

Frank really has been amazing this season, i think he has had 1 bad game all season. The goals and assists just keep coming, keep it up super frank. Frank should really be nominated for world player of the year, surely he has done enough?

Its ridiculous how he's not even nominated for PFA player of the year!

Sorry but he is just not as good as anyone on United. Period. End Of Story

Yup. Just nowhere near as good.

:rolleyes:

Idiots picking that final grouping should never be allowed to vote again

I read somewhere that players votes end on March 14th. Thats ridiculous and during that time Chelsea just began performing well. His performance was overshadowed by Chelsea's miserable run from December to February hence he wasnt voted.

I am sure if we win FA Cup and UCL or either he will be in contention for a bigger award.