Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Laudrup in frame, Drogba revitalised

http://Chelsea.rivals.net/News/pgArticle.a...01599&id=22

According to reports emanating from Russia, Michael Laudrup, the recently sacked manager of capital city side Spartak Moscow, is being lined up as a coach at Stamford Bridge to help fill the void that will be left by the soon to be departing Dutchman Guus Hiddink. A Danish international, Laudrup was recognised as one of the finest footballing talents to emerge from Denmark. His brother Brian played 11 games for Chelsea in the 1998/1999 season.

Laudrup, once described by West Germany legend Franz Beckenbauer as the best player of the 1990s, has played for Dutch side Ajax, Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid as well as for top Italian sides Juventus and Lazio. .

Michael, along with brother Brian, started his career at Danish side Vanløse before he moved to Brøndby IF when his father became their coach. In 1976, when he left his job as their coach, Michael's father Finn signed for Danish 1st Division side Kjøbenhavns Boldklub, he followed him again while Brian opted to stay at Brondby. .

In 2000, Laudrup was appointed assistant coach to the Danish national side, a position he held for two years before becoming the manager of Danish club side Brøndby where he stayed until for four years. In 2007, he managed Spanish side Getafe before going to Russia to coach at Spartak Moscow. However, he reign in charge at Spartak lasted less than a season and he was sacked in April after just seven months in charge. .

Meanwhile, Ivorian striker Didier Drogba has spoken about his struggle to find both inspiration and his form during the seven month spell in which sacked boss Big Phil Scolari was in charge. After losing his place in the starting line up after an injury in the Champions League groups stages away to Romanian side CFR Cluj. .

Drogba made his discontent obvious while Brazilain Scolari was at the helm but the 31 year old seemed to find a new lease of life when Hiddink arrived to become the new, albeit temporary, manager. .

Drogba told the London evening Standard: "I really missed playing earlier in the season and now I am really hungry to perform. Scolari leaving made a big difference to me and the team. I was given a chance to show I was not injured any more and that I was ready to help the team." .

Drogba, who hopes his recent run of scoring success continues at Wembley in the FA Cup semi final showdown between Chelsea and Arsenal, went on: "I have my energy back - the last two months my desire to play and win games has been very strong."