Stephane Sessegnon

the wes

<h2 class="padding-bottom-7" style="font-size: 1.05em; line-height: 1.05em;"> Chelsea are preparing a £10million swoop for PSG midfielder Stephane Sessegnon following a thumbs-up from Claude Makelele. </h2> Sessegnon, 24, has been closely monitored by both Arsenal and Newcastle.

But it is Chelsea who now lead the chase for the Benin star after a recommendation from current team-mate and ex-Blues ace Makelele.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was keen to sign Sessegnon from Le Mans last summer as a replacement for Mathieu Flamini.

Agent Rudy Raba said: “Stephane is not actively looking to leave PSG.

"But in the next few weeks they will receive a very attractive offer.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paris Saint Germain playmaker Stephane Sessegnon is aware that Chelsea are reportedly interested in his services.

The French league star has received plenty of praise this season, and the domestic papers have claimed that Chelsea scouts have made the trip to the capital to watch him on many occasions.

The 24-year-old remains focused on his club duties, with PSG still involved in the quest for Champions League qualification, but he has refused to close the doors on a possible move to Chelsea.

“Being aware that such clubs as Chelsea are interested makes you feel good,” Sessegnon told French television channel Orange Sport Info.

“It is a reward for my hard work, but you should not lose your focus. Some things that have been written may be wrong.

“Anyway, you should never close the door, but it does not necessarily mean you are going to depart. But if the door is open, then it is good news.”

The Blues are used to signing the best players of the French league, with Roman Abramovich’s side capturing Petr Cech, Michael Essien, Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda in the recent past.

I think he could be a great transfer :D Just take a look of his skills :)JUST CLICK!

I think he's a awesome player and also match better than players like Deco and Ballack :shoot:

If he is a central midfielder then unless Ballack and Deco leave then we will not be signing him. But as it is very possible that they could both be leaving i guess it is possible we are thinking of bringing him here, he looks decent enough in that vid but that doesn't mean much.

• 2 weeks later...

Stephane Sessegnon's agent has claimed the midfielder's Paris St Germain future is currently uncertain.

The Benin international has been linked with a move away from Ligue 1, with Chelsea said to be interested in his services.

Sessegnon recently admitted he would welcome a summer approach from the Blues, and now his representative has suggested a departure is in the offing.

Rudy Raba told Aujourd'hui Sport: "Stephane is really sad with the departure of coach Paul Le Guen.

"However, it should not be decisive for his future. It is up to PSG to show they are ambitious.

"If this is the case, he will stay with pleasure, otherwise...

"Paris have not received any official offers so far. Stephane is on the short-list of the biggest Italian, Spanish, German and English sides, notably Chelsea."

• 4 weeks later...

Chelsea and Liverpool have both been strongly linked with PSG midfielder Stephane Sessegnon this last week, but today Football.fr has revealed that he will be joining Chelsea on a one year loan for next season.

The Frenchman was reportedly upset because PSG did not reach the Champions League places and refused to sign an extended contract with the Parisians.

It was thought that he would be sold for around £12m, but as he still has two years left on his contract, PSG have decided to loan him to Chelsea with a view to a permanent move if he makes the grade.

I still dont beleive he is a CM. He looks more like a Winger.

A Loan move would be great with a chance to sign him next year.

All we need this year is a Left sided winger, A Striker, A GoalKeeper and an Attacking Midfielder and if we get him on loan, nothing like it..

Ive only seen that YouTube video so i cant comment on exactly how good a player he is....But on that video he had some SKILLSSS! A one year loan would work quite well really. Ive heard from somewhere that Deco is on his way out, apparently on a loan deal, but i cant confirm that ones true. If so then this loan signing would be good backup and it looks like he's got some skills. Damn Chelsea always being linked to every good young player, it gets me excited (not sexually) and i keep checking skysports throught the day hoping to see a big headline saying "Chelsea sign Aguero". If only we could have definate confirmed deals or attempted signings instead of these rumors, i cant take the dissapointment when its all announced were not interested, or hes going to Real Madrid (AS WITH EVERY DECENT PLAYER THIS SUMMER!?!?!?), or he "doesnt like the climate". I dont know where to trust for transfer news anymore...Weve already supposed to have signed a load of players like Johnson, Sturridge etc.

• 4 weeks later...

<h2 class="padding-bottom-7" style="font-size: 1.05em; line-height: 1.05em;"> </h2>

<h2 style="font-size: 1.05em; line-height: 1.05em;" class="padding-bottom-7">Chelsea are weighing up a move for Paris St Germain's midfield dynamo Stephane Sessegnon. </h2> Sessegnon, 25, has caught the eye with a string of impressive performances last season.

And new Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti is thought to be considering making him the first signing of his new regime.

Manchester City and Everton have also been linked with the playmaker but Sessegnon remains coy on where he will be next season.

He said: "It is true I have contacts with clubs interested in me but PSG is my club.

"I have a contract until 2012 and I am in talks with them.

"Chelsea contacted my agent but Chelsea is not the only club after me there are other Premier League clubs as well."

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You